1.2- The Descent to Hell Isn't Easy

"What the fuck?" We both turned to Simon, who to put it simply, wasn't taking this well. "What's happening?"

"We don't have the luxury right now kid, everybody back inside." Blondie said walking back to the stairs to get into the church. "Clary, who is this? Is this your meth dealer?" Simon exclaims, I throw him a 'what the fuck' look at his remark. 

"I've seen him before," Clary says ignoring Simon, this causes the Blonde to stop, "At the police station, he was there." He walks over to us, stopping in front of her, "He's a member of the circle," he gestures his right arm at the mans dead body on the ground, "Clary, he's here for you."  

"He's with the people that took my mother." Clary reasons back. "What?!" I interrupted, "Someone took Jocelyn?" I asked her, hopping for the first time since we left the club that I was dreaming, she nodded at me, her distress showing. I gulped down the cry that was rising in my throat. 

"Your little best friends here lead him right to you."The blonde tells her pointing from me to Simon, "He's here to capture or kill you!" I slipped my hand into her left one as it brushed against mine, squeezing it, likely not as lightly as I hoped after hearing that last piece of information. I can't lose her. "There's a dead body here, we have to call Luke!" Simon stated using his 'this isn't up for discussion tone', the same one he always used when I always told him to come clean to Clary about his feelings. "We can't trust Luke, Simon! We can't." Clarys' sudden out burst shocked me. 

"Clary, I promise I'll help you find your mother, that I'll protect you, your one of us, you're a shadowhunter." Pretty boy reassures her, pulling her to look at him causing her to let go of my hand. That word, shadowhunter, it sounded so foreign to me yet made complete sense at the same time. I should really ask what his name is, looking between them and Simon I noticed the shift in his stance, shit, here comes the verbal war. The boys then both started pressuring her to come with them, telling her to trust them, trying to reason with her. It was like watching two dogs play tug-a-war, only Clary was the red headed rope in the middle. I could practically feel the testosterone magnifying in the air surrounding us. 

"Simon, I think Jace can help us." She looked over to me, the look on my face telling her that I already believe her. Jace, so I finally have a name to put to that handsome face. Clary grabbed Simons hand and pulled him after her as she travelled behind Jace who was once again going up the stairs to the door. I followed after them to the entrance. "How do we know this Mick Jagger looking guy isn't-" "Mundane, we do not have the time." Jace told him in a firm voice as we began to hear the sirens in the distance become more prominent. 

As we entered the church I, at first only saw it as one would believe it would look like, an old rundown, abandoned building, but slowly as if melting away, it became clear. It was all put together, no rips in the paints that lined the walls, no cracks in the floor, the lights gave off a soft glow, almost welcoming. Ahead of us I saw what I assume to be more shadowhunters in a room that looked like a common room/tech laboratory. I briefly heard someone shift their clothes, I looked over to see I was standing next to Jace, he was pulling something out of his back pocket and began drawing on him arm. My eyes widened as I watched it began to burn into his arm, I looked forward to distract myself, I have a feeling I'll have to get used to that. Simon let out a short yelp followed by, "Dude, your not my type." I glace over to see Jace holding his hand, Simon stopped himself from speaking again as a look of awe crossed his face as he saw the building in a new light.  After Jace let go of his hand he grabbed mine, hell who was I to stop a hot guy from holding my hand. I smiled as I looked forward again, "Thanks, but you didn't have to... I could see it all just fine already. By the way, my names Jess." He looked at me oddly for a second before nodding, letting go of my hand and beginning to move forward.