What I want.

...Preet....

The next morning after I had shifted my luggage back home, My dad was once again on some business trip but my mom was at home. She was working in the kitchen when I walked up to her and got settled on the opposite platform.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked my mom.

"The Malhotra's are coming over for Lunch so working on it."

"Why?" I questioned.

"Tomorrow is the Diwali Party Preet!"

"So?"

"Remember you promised you will get married once you are back."

"Why are you so eager to get me married?" I asked her.

"You are 24, Preet, it's high time." She explained.

"Does me saying anything change your plan?"

"No, now get ready your dad will be here by the lunch too."

Immediately I slipped of the platform and went back to my room picking up a plain black kurti along with blue jeans. I checked my phone and then stepped down,
By the time I came down the Malhotra's were on the door and behind them was my dad.

"Papa!" I called out as I ran to hug Kabir's father.
He side hugged me while ruffling my hair.

"And here is my favorite daughter." he said.

"Preet, stop acting like a kid and running around in the house. You are a 23 year old girl." my dad spoke from behind. My dad and Papa has been friends for as long as I remember.

"Ignore him." Papa muttered and dragged me along with him.

Kavya too was here.
"So are you ready to be Mrs. Malhotra?" Kavya questioned and I gave her a look that meant Shut up.

After all the elders were done talking we were informed that my wedding will be announced at the Diwali party, then two days after that we will be having the Roka ceremony in the morning and the Engagement in the evening.
I looked t the elders as I knew there was more to the story.
Meera maa informed us that my mom and Meera maa will be going to the Gurudwara to set the date for our wedding. I choked on my water at that and Papa just laughed at my state.

Later when we were done with the lunch, Papa pulled me with him towards the lawn area.

"Preet, let the Roka happen but this wedding will not happen until you are ready for it, I do not care what your father says, I want you to do what you want." He told me and I instantly hugged him. He kissed my crown in a protective manner.

After the little talk with Papa, the Malhotra's retired for the day.

I then walked into my father's library. Walking with slow steps I went and hugged my dad from behind and showed him my trophy and certification.
"I topped again." I said as I came into his view. He happily got up and hugged me.

"I am so proud of you baby doll."
We again sat on the seats.

"So tell me what does my baby doll want for this success. Be careful you can ask for anything." My dad said.

"Anything?" I reconfirmed and he nodded.

I quickly went on my knees and held my dad's hand.

"Remember one thing you promised Anything." I told my father and somewhere or the other he had the slight idea of where this was going. He knew I would bring Tara and Aryan's topic up.

"How do you two always ask for one another?" My dad asked even before I could say anything.

"Dad please!"