Assuring You...

Drishti:- She is the same girl who caused a conflict between Karan and Kabir.
Karan's ex and Ananya's best friend.

...Kabir..
I was about to look up and kill the person but before I could do anything her voice stopped me.

"Well you need to watch your steps baby." She said.

I wanted to look up I really did but somewhere I still dreaded it was just a dream.

"Drishti?" I whispered.
This practically cannot be happening now is it.

"Now it seems you still haven't forgotten me." She said, her tone slutry.

"Well then you need to watch where you go lady, because it is practically not possible to forget the faces of witches."
You'd think this was my reply, well Not.
It was someone else who answered this bitch.
That someone who was my everything, automatically a smile stretched across my face as she laced her long fingers with mine.

Drishti looked puzzled and was about to snap back when I intervened.

"You better not say a thing about my wife." I warned her looking back at the beautiful form besides me.
She gave me the most precious gift which was her smile.

"Well, wouldn't your wife like to know who am I?" She asked moving her hands on my arm.
Preet looked was beyond irritated. She swatted away her hand and replied,
"Why does it look like I care" with a sickening smile

"Do you know I am his pretty little secret." She said again.

I stood stunned there.
Please tell me this wasn't happening.

"Do you know wine stains do not get off dresses." Preet warned Drishti out of the blue.

I looked at Preet confused.
"Well, thanks for the washing machine tip." Drishti replied giving a disgusted look.

"Uhh, well you will need it." Preet replied before emptying her glass of wine on Drishti's dress.

I heard Aryan and Dad clapping from behind while I stood there astonished.
Preet further pulled me to our table.
Once out of the shock I couldn't stop my laugh.
And Preet well she looked embarrassed.

"You were here." I remarked.

"Well I wouldn't miss it, now would I?" She asked wriggling her eyebrows.
I pulled her in a side hug.
I knew she wouldn't miss it.

...Preet..
Okay so it was official I was late.
I muttered curses to myself as I checked my reflection in the mirror for one last time.
Well I was clad in a designer baby pink and black saree, with long oxidized earrings, I secured my hair in a high ponytail with curls at the end with light make up.

Soon I left my brother's suite and rode to the hall where the function was to be held.
I was about to step in when I decided something else and called Kabir, having our regular talk he asked me to be online, I did as asked.
Once I knew he was off to the stage I walked in flashing my invite at the entrance that Aryan had managed to get.
I sat next to Papa on our table that seemed pretty far from the stage.
I doubt he could see me.
My blushed flared darker when he addressed me as Shortcake. I heard my brother fake cough as Papa side hugged me.
Sending Meera maa and Papa here was another story. I wasn't sure if I could make it here by the time but fortunately enough I did.
I saw Kabir busy on his cell phone as he walked towards our table, when he dashed into someone,Kabir's face suddenly flushed pale. I asked my brother who she was and he addressed her some 'Drishti Khanna.' I had my guards up at that mere name. Without thinking anything else I walked up to them. Coincidentally she was the same Drishti I expected her to be.