Chapter 12: Masquerade

I was nervous an almost complete wreck at the point. Today was the day of the school prom and here I was pacing around my room like an idiot. Nothing was on my body except my black boxer-briefs and black socks. My hair was dripping wet and my face was clear of makeup.

It was only prom of course, but the thing that worried me was the underworld guards were searching for us. They could pop up at any time and I wasn't having that. So tonight we had to be careful, very careful. Jay said if it came to it I'd have to take Destry to our secret cabin in the woods, and stay there for a while. Covering our scent would be hard but possible. I only hoped everything would be alright.

My back still ached from all the training, along with my arms and legs. Jay showed hardly no mercy and neither with Des. He too had been training but with his powers. Besides what he could already do, he just recently discovered he could not only move in the air objects, but people as well. Another thing was, Destry could control the earth rock or the ground we walk on. Hopefully that will come in handy.

I took a glance at the clock. It was almost time for this night to begin. I sighed and threw on my clothes. A black dress shirt hugged my slim figure in all the right places. The shirt was tucked in my black skinny jeans, ones that weren't ripped, and on my feet were my brother's old dress shoes, black and shiney. They were way different than my boots. Last to be put on was a sliver tie and a vest with edges laced in black and the small designs black as well.

After doing my hair and applying eyeliner I opened a case on that was left on my drawer since this morning. Inside was the finally touch to my outfit. I held in my hands a mask, one much like the phantom of the opera's, but silver with tiny black lines that curled into flowery swirls to mach my vest. And just like my vest it was also outlined in a black lace. It fitted the shape of the side of my face perfectly.

"Ryan hurry up will you! Destry is here!" Jay called from down stairs.

I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly before dashing down stairs to meet Destry. Nearly I couldn't recognize the angel boy in front of me. His also silver and black mask, was covering the upper half of his face inside of one side like mine. He had worn the same colors as I, but mixed. His mask was black with silver designs that matched his black vest outlined in silver lace. His dress shirt was white and his skinnys were black. Instead of a tie he wore a black bow-tie, and unlike me he wore a black tux jacket. Inside the little pocket was a tiny silver rose. I also noticed he combed his hair back. Only his bangs slightly came loose, which made him have to brush it back with his fingers every once in a while. He was gorgeous.

"Ready to go babe?" Des smiled at me, holding out his hand. I nodded like an idiot, feeling much like those girls a few days ago, who had asked us out to prom.

Butterflies went off in my stomach as Destry brought my hand up to his lips and kissed the back of it. I looked away and hid my face in my hair. I couldn't blush, but it was a bad habit that stuck with me.

"Shall we?" I asked, taking back my hand and holding out my arm. My angel boy nodded and hooked his arm around mine.

"We shall"

~~~~

The music was loud, but not to loud. I could still hear myself think at least. Eyes were on us once Des and I entered the room. Girls giggled and boys whispered. At the corner by the restrooms was Tyler in a purple dress shirt tucked in black dress pants, then over it was an open black vest. His wolf buddies were at his side, staring us down along with him.

"Mutts" I hissed under my breath. Des nudged my arm, his eyes were narrowed in a glare. I shrugged innocently and smiled.

He began to say something but was interrupted by the sound of the Principal's voice.