Chapter 14: Underworld

We walked deep inside the forest until we reached a cave. Inside the cave was a faint ghostly green light, that only grew brighter as we came closer to it. There it was surrounded by bones and cracked skulls, the portal to the underworld.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Move forward!" Dax ordered.

"Haven't you heard of ladies first, Dax?" I grinned.

"I don't recall being submissive, Ryan, but whatever you say princess"

I glared at him and pushing my way passed Dax, dragging the guard along behind me. The others followed along. The portal then closed, leaving only a grey stone wall behind. Everything was completely different. Just like the cave ground, crushed skulls and bones but of different creatures were scattered all over the floor. Faces and hands of poor souls were pushed against the wall, as if they were trying to escape.

"Welcome home boys!" Dax chuckled, kicking a skull to the side.

I rolled my eyes and turned to look at Destry. He smiled slightly and held out his hand. I took it, interlocking our fingers together then brought our hands up to kiss them.

"No matter what we stay together, okay?" Destry nodded ad gave my hand a squeeze.

Dax scoffed and turned to face us all. Behind him was two big black wooden doors. He snapped his fingers which commanded the guards to open the doors.

Slowly they creeked open. Dax turned around and motioned us to follow him into the room. There in the middle of the dark room, sitting on a throne made of stone and bones, was the Dark Lord himself, Abadamn.

"What do we have here? I see you brought me some more company Dax?"

Abadamn's voice was a chilling as his cold dead eyes, iris holding no color but a darker shade of white. His nails looked as sharp as his teeth, and I could tell that beneath the rob he wore, he was covered in muscle. I was already intimidated by just the sight of him sitting down, but when he got up, he stood just about taller than Jay.

"Whoa steroids" I murmured under my breath.

Jay rammed his elbow into my side and gave me a look that said to behave. I bit my bottom lip and looked down, trying not to make eye contact.

Abadamn chuckled, clapping his hands together.

"I am very glad you brought me three new guests, I was getting bored of the girl and speaking of the girl, why don't one of you bring her out..Now what was her name?"

"Skyler!" I shouted, elbowing the guard holding onto me in the stomach, and then running over to her.

"Oh yes that's right! Skyler"

I got to her just in time for her to collapse into my arms. Wrapping my arms around her, I kneeled down on the floor, brushing her hair away from her face. Dark circles were under her eyes and her lips were a faint purple. By the sound of her breathing I could tell she hadn't feeded in a while.

"What the hell did you do to her?!" I growled.

"Human blood was running a little low, and being the caring ruler that I am, I let my creatures feast while I had a little undead blood" Abadamn said calmly, looking at his nails.

I moved the hair away from her neck, exposing the multipule bite marks on it.

"You-You drank from her?" I heard Jay growl from behind me.

Abadamn snapped his fingers, making one of the guards pull me away from Skyler. Another guard then picked her up and brought her over to Abadamn.

"Although vampire blood is, well, dead blood it's just as filling as human blood" He wrapped an arm around Skyler's waist to hold her up "The venom in the blood is deadly to other creatures, but to me it's way better despite the sour taste"