CHAPTER 9: THE SECRET CHAMBER.

After that nerve wrecking attack over me,I preferred being indoors for the next couple of days.

Safe.Sound.

But my mind was restless,bristling with thoughts.
I had some 10 days to go,and then I'll be back to Mumbai.
And that meant that the mystery surrounding the so called "haunted house" will never be revealed out.
I clearly knew that Madhav and Viz would have a tough time without me.

The story that Mr. Raghav told me made my mind more restless.

Things like spirits and ghosts were indigestible for a science student like me.

But that doesn't mean they don't exist..

I started contradicting my thoughts.

Better I take in some fresh air.
I'll accompany Madhav and Viz for today's match.

Evening:

As said,I accompanied them to the match, but I took Madhav's Scooty and went ahead to Raman's thattukada (the local dhabha),for cherishing his tea,that is quite popular here.

As I enter the dhabha,the old men who were busy with their newspapers debating over politics gave me a look.

"You are that guy from Bombay right? Madhav's cousin? ",asked one of them.
"Yes.",I smile.

Being from Bombay still seemed fashionable there I guess.

As I sat there,sipping the tea in a small glass,contemplating the turn of events that took place the previous 10 days or so,I saw an Audi passing through the road.

Highly unusual scene!

"Whose car is that?",I couldn't help, but ask.

"That's Architect Mohan's car. Rich man! He rarely visits his ancestral house here. He's the leading architect in those township projects at Calicut,Kochi,Trivandrum et al.
Very busy man. Very rich too.",Raman replied to my query as he served his customers.

"Even that house near the ground was built by his team. He was Ashok's close aide that time.",said one of the old men.

I understood which house he was exactly talking about.

I need his help.

Taking the directions to his house from Raman,I set out on Madhav's scooty and reached the place in few minutes.

Mr. Mohan was a man in his late
fifties. He wore those geeky spectacles. Even in his house,he was in his formal neatly ironed check shirt and black pant.

He sat there on his chair, busy on his laptop,discussing something with his..secretary perhaps.
I went ahead towards them.

"How can we help you? Looking out for someone? ",his Secretary asked me.

"I had to meet Mohan Sir actually.."

"Do you know him?",the Secretary asked Mohan.

"Nah. Need any help boy?Come have a seat first",Mohan smiled.

And in the next few minutes,I explained him that I need the plan of the house near the playground. As he is the architect,he most probably should have the plan. Chances were slim though.

"Why do you need the plan anyways?",he quizzed me.

"My Dad wants to buy it. He needs the house plan to see the specifications.",I lied effortlessly.

"But..that house..."

".. lay inhabited since decades..",I completed his sentence.

"Then why would you like to buy that property? The property now is owned by Ashok's brother Shiv,but no one knows where exactly Shiv is, like Ashok."