CHAPTER 12: THE FINAL STRIKE

THWAKK!

Ashok pressed the trigger pointing towards me.

But nothing happened to me.

"What the..!!",Raghav squealed in pain, holding his injured shoulder.

But how did Raghav get the bullet?!

My eyes widened in happiness as I saw a huge troop of policemen led by Mama behind me.

The arrows and stones used by the tribals were no match to the advanced machine guns and pistols these policemen possessed.

"This can't be!",Ashok screamed in anger and disbelief.

The tribals who were holding us tight were confused and startled at the sudden intrusion of the policemen.

Taking advantage of this,we pushed them away and ran as fast as possible.
Before fleeing away, I managed to slap that tribal who had held me for long.
"Take this gift in return!"

But we had to crouch low and run, or else we would be the target of those arrows and bullets.

We managed to hide behind the huge banyan tree and watch the proceedings.

"Those weapons are so heavy, or else we could have tried a hand",Viz said in a dismal voice.

"The battle between Ashok's tribals and Mama's policemen shouldn't last more than 10 minutes...",I said.

But what I saw next proved my statement false.

Ashok blew a conch shell and that immediately resulted in a small battalion of 50 odd armed tribals coming out of nowhere and above that,they were equipped with AK-47's!

"Maybe these people kept a bit of the smuggled weapons here for safety",Madhav pointed out the obvious.

"They have the upper hand now! Dad's troops won't be able to sustain for long.What next?! ",Viz asked,his voice breaking.

I was lost in thoughts, confused what to do next.
At a distance, where there were some tribal settlements,I spotted a boy of around 6-7 years of crying his heart out. His mother who tried controlling her son was weeping uncontrollably.

They might have lost the man of their house.

Things are just worsening.

Due to Ashok,the tribals are suffering too..

Something must be done.

That was when Ashok blew another conch shell, louder than the previous one.

Danger!

"We need more people Viz! Let's get back to the police station and inform them! ",I suggested.

"Don't be so foolish Sooraj...we'll will waste a lot of time doing that.. And by then this battle would be over! Why don't you just call the police station.?",Madhav advised.

"Take this and call by yourself.",I threw my mobile phone towards him and walked away.

"Oops..no network!
Where's he?
Oye wait! We too are coming!"

When we reached the end of their camp and were about to start our downwards journey,we spotted around 20 well built guys climbing up the hill. They had heavily packed bags on their back which added to their difficulty.

Raghav's men from the house!

"Guys..we need to stop them..or else..game over!"

Madhav pointed out the huge boulders that the tribals kept at the boundary of their camp.