Chapter 1

Midna's P.O.V.

I wake up in the middle of the Ordon village, hearing screams and cries of the villagers. I smell smoke and fire surrounding me. I open my eyes to see the entire village aflame. I see the villagers running around scared, and the children whaling and crying for their mothers.

'What is going on here?!' I quickly fly up, scouring the village spotting the Bulbin King on his Bullbo, with a unconscious Link behind him.

The Bulbin King blows his horn, causing a red twilight portal to appear in the sky, allowing other twilight-realm monsters into the light world.

His fellow Bulbin archers and clubbers are causing trouble around the village, hurting the villagers, burning everything to the ground. I fly down to the Bulbin King, only to be knocked unconscious by a clubber.

Link's P.O.V.

I hear screaming. I hear the cries of familiar people. I hear hoof stomps, the sound of crackling fire, arrows whizzing through the air. I smell smoke, fire and an awful stench of rotten eggs and mud filling my nostrils.

I try to open my eyes, but a heavy weight keeps them impossibly tight. I try lifting my body up, but I just lay there, limp as a handkerchief.

I feel as if I'm moving, on horse or an animal of some sort. I hear the screams and crackling of fire become distant in the wind. My mind soon goes blank and I slip back into unconsciousness.

Midna's P.O.V.

I wake up with my head throbbing and a sharp pain in my spine.

Everything starts to come back to me in flashes as I look at the village. The fire, the Bulbins, and Link.

The women are calming down their crying children and babies, as the men are helping with the ruins of what used to be houses and shops.

I feel myself being thrown against a wall as I look up to see a women I haven't seen before.

"You! You caused all of this mess! If It wasn't for you, those..those monsters wouldn't have destroyed our home. You Twili have no right being in this world. You only bring trouble amongst others. You killed our friends, our family. Your kin doesn't deserve to live."

I quickly throw my hands out before me, as they were marching forward, and a big dark light flashed as they were thrown against some wooden boards and rocks, instantly taking their life.

I look at my hands stunned. 'I'm one of those monsters' I fled the village and go to the Spring, only to find Epona, my beloved's faithful companion.

I instantly drop to my knees in front of her, crying and asking for her forgiveness that I let Link be handed over to the clutches of the Bulbins.

She just neighs in response and swings her head backwards, telling me to get on. I hop on her back and I clutch onto her mane, watching as the village and Link's cottage get smaller in the distance, as we travel deeper into the Faron Woods.

Epona and I follow the pigs tracks for hours on end, weary from our search. We decide to make camp near Lake Hylia and continue our search tomorrow. I lay on the grass, staring up at the dark and empty sky.

'I will get you back Link. Even if it's the last thing I do.' I fall asleep not much sooner after that.

Link's P.O.V.

I open my eyes and try moving, which I instantly regret from the excruciating pain spread throughout my body. I looks down to see paws, fuzzy ones to be exact, those of a dog. My left paw, has some sort of triangular symbol on my fur. I try wiping it off, but it doesn't seem like its working. I look behind me to see a black and tan furry back and tail.

I try to scream, but all that comes out is a howl. I finally take a look at my surroundings to see that I am in a stone cell. A few wooden crates here and there and straw laid everywhere. I run towards to bars, only to be yanked back by a chain, connected to my ankle. I yelp in pain and gnaw at the chain, trying to break free.

My eyes wander outside the cell, trying to spot anyone, or anything that could possibly get me out of here. I notice that some sort of black particles are rising from the ground.

'What...?' I sniff the air, only to smell mucky sewage water.

I continue gnawing at the chain for a few good hours, only to stop and lay down in defeat. I only then realize how thirsty and hungry I am.

I howl in hopes of someone hearing, instead, I just waste precious time. I look around one last time, thinking of what would become of me, and drift into a restless sleep.

A/N
Sorry, couldn't of found a better place to end it. I don't like how 0-999 words has that really long scroll bar, as to where, 1,000+ have that small scroll bar.

I usually like to get 1K words a chapter, but I know where'd I like to pick up next chapter, so I had to end it here.

Anywhooo! Hope you guys enjoyed!

Until next time.