Chapter 2

Midna's P.O.V.

Its been months. Months, since I've started searching for Link. Me and Epona have grown closer since, and we haven't stopped searching in hopes of finding the boy.

But recently, I've started to lose hope. We've searched everywhere. Hyrule Field, Death Mountain, even the Snow Peaks and Gerudo Desert.

I still can't help thinking that I should just give up. Epona feels the same way, even though she's been with him ever since he was a boy. Epona misses Ordon Village, but she knows its not her home without Link. So Epona and I continue our search.

||{•~•}A few Years Later{•~•}||

Midna's P.O.V.

I whizz by a Bokoblin, slicing its head off, instantaneously, death greeting it. I swing my jaded Twilit sword around, and sheath it. I take my bow and aim at Kargarok, hitting it right in the pupil. It falls to the ground as I deliver a final blow.

I hop on Epona and ride through Hyrule Field, and stop on the southern bridge to Hyrule Castle Town. I dismount Epona and hold onto her harness, walking through the doors, my head down. I watch my feet as I look through my helmet, watching the rushing people carrying baskets or buying things at the market stand. I listen to the clank of my armor, that covers my imp figure and Twilit skin, and the clink of my vexed sword hitting against my back.

I turn down the all-too-familiar dark alleyway, seeing a familiar man sitting on some crates. I reach my hand out to him, dropping the small pouch into his empty palms. I leave Epona with him, retreating down a staircase into Telma's Bar.

The stench of alcohol and wood polish fills my nose. I walk up to Telma, sit down and place my folded hands on the counter. She places a bottle of spirits in front of me, going back to cleaning empty shot glasses. I take the bottle, making a small gap in my helmet and down the burning clear liquid. I set the empty bottle down on the counter and leave some rupees next to it.

As I exit the bar, I stop in front of the door hearing Telma say, "You're the one I see down here most, though you still have yet to tell me your name."

"It's Andim." I quietly say and exit the bar.

I grab Epona and go out the Eastern Castle gates, only to be stopped by the postman.

"HEEEEEEY!" He yells running in my direction.

He scurries up to me with that silly bunny flag of his that reads "Postman" and I roll my eyes.

"Greetings, Mr. Andim! I have come to deliever a letter." He holds out the red envelope to me singing, "Ta-da!"

I take the envelope and dismiss him, ripping the paper, and taking the letter out.

Midna,

I finally escaped after all these years. I've been in an underground sewage cell underneath the Hyrule Castle all this time. I was turned into an awful shadow beast and worked as a slave for Zant. He made me a light-dweller again and I escaped as soon as I could, searching everywhere for you.

I would explain more but, meet me at the Eldin Bridge.

Link

I clutch onto the letter tightly, putting it in one of Epona's carrier pouches and makes the journey to the ol' Eldin Bridge.

Epona slowly walks forward onto the bridge, waiting for something to happen. Then I see a tall figure appear at the opposite end of the bridge and I find Epona galloping towards it.

"Whoa Epona whoa!" I pull on her harness to make her stop only to find her muzzle already in the figures hands. I dismount and stand there next to Epona, heart racing and palms sweating.

'This is it. This is him. After all these years, I get to see my beloved again.'

I use my magic to turn my armor back into the Fused shadow I used to wear on my head, and put it on, realizing how much I missed the feeling.

"M-Midna?" I hear my beloved's voice call out to me.

I don't even say anything, I just stare at him, tears swimming in my eyes. I run up to him and wrap my arms around him and sob into his shoulder.

"I'm finally home." I feel hot tears roll down his cheeks and down my back, amongst the rain droplets.

"You're home." I smile, truly happy to see my beloved again.

A/N
My inspiration for even attempting to write a LoZ story, comes from Courage is the gift I offer by @nightstar24 I highly recommend you go check it out!