Where'd you go?

"Where'd you go?" He murmured resting his chin on his intertwined fingers. It had been 3 years since he left. He could still remember that day fresh in his mind where he and Kou had just gotten home from school, their last year of high school and in Kouyou's driveway sat a U-hal. He could still remember the shock and confusion that filled him so entirely and consumed him as Mrs. Takashima told him they were moving, his eyes never straying from Kouyou's form.

"Kouyou?" His throat tightened unbearably. He wouldn't cry.

"Taka, come here" Kouyou reached out grasping my arms and pulled me towards him despite my refusal to move from where I was.

"I wanted to tell you...turns out my mom had been planning it for awhile and I just found out yesterday. I had no idea how to tell you, Taka. I don't wanna leave either."

I remember the sad look in his eyes, there was no shine there to be found. He looked miserable. How the hell did I miss it the whole day?? I feel so stupid, he was suffering and I didn't even realize it.

"It will be okay" I murmured to him letting a smile grace my lips though I'm sure it didn't reach my eyes, nor fool him. We slumped onto the grass on his front lawn and I leaned against his shoulder, "when do you leave?"

Kouyou cleared his throat quietly. "Tomarrow night, mom delayed it so I could spend time with you, so we could spend time together like a family before we leave." 

That night as they sat in his room, Kouyou gave him a box. "I want you to have this Taka. Use it for inspiration or to help you relax when your parents get to be too much."

"What is it?" the box was awkward and long shaped and for the life of him he couldn't picture what the hell Kouyou could have fit in here to give to him.

"open it" the other suggested poking his side causing him to giggle. "okay"

The gasp that tore through his lips caused Kouyou to worry. "You don't like it?" he asked worrying his bottom lip.

"I do.. but Kou...you can't give me this, it's your precious baby." Taka commented running his hand over it.  Kou smiled faintly watching him. "It is and I'm leaving it in your hands. Take care of him since I won't be able to. He'll be here, in my place for you."

Ruki snapped out of his musings and smiled faintly in the direction where the red hollow body guitar sat on it's stand.