Shinjuku

Taka sighed as the cold Shinjuku weather seeped into his bones. He was barely dressed to be out in this weather only donning a tshirt and a light sweater, but this was all he had along with the guitar strapped to his back, which kept his back protected from the wind and filled him with thoughts of kouyou every time it thumped lightly against the back of his thighs.

He remembered his parents bitching at his moping after Kou left, telling him to move on and get his life together and stop making them look bad. After all he was moping over a boy and flunking his last year of high school, of what remained of it. They had nerve calling Kouyou a boy, He was never just a boy to Taka. He was his pillar, the one who helped him through the shit his parents gave him, which led to him smoking and eventually his eviction from the household along with being disowned. Taka didn't hold any grudge or hate when Kouyou left, life was unfair plain and simple.

Taka remembered the day when parents finally kicked his "delinquent" ass to the unforgiving streets. "your not our son, this child in front of me filled with piercings is no son of mines! Honestly how would you get a decent job as a lawyer looking like the piece of shit you are now. I'm so ashamed that you've turned this way. You must be gay, your coloring your hair purple and blue."

she huffed soo much Taka thought she'd choke to death, not that he gave a fuck, ignoring the tiny voice telling him she was his mother.

He'd rot in hell before he acknowledged that anything she said hurt him, that he didn't wanna disappear after every squabble they had in the past. That the temptation to pull blood didn't linger in his mind, but it did and the only thing he wanted was Kouyou's hugs to shelter him from the harsh reality of him being a royal screw up, and warm him up whilst whispering words of comfort into his ears, till he became a boneless lump in the others arms. It's all he's dreamt of for the past year and some. Taka sighed deeply, somehow he didn't think he'd ever see him again. He missed him a lot. Was it normal to miss your best friend that much? Taka wished he knew, he really did.

He dragged himself to a busy intersection and pulled his guitar out after securing a corner and began playing small melodies that he'd put together the night before in a closeted storage room that a bartender let him sleep in after handing over a small wad of cash. He gave a quick thanks to people who dropped in a few coins and others who complemented his taste.