;two

"Okay, wait. Do you're telling me that demons and monsters are real?" I ask in awe. My mother had explained to me that Clary and I were part of a race called Shadowhunters. I know it's crazy, but I've always felt like the bedtime stories I heard as a child, were real.

My mother nodded before sitting up from her spot on the couch, and walking over to a dusty box that she hasn't opened in years. She reached inside and grabbed a dusty cylinder type of thing. It kind of reminded me of a lightsaber. Suddenly a long glowing blade shot out of the handle. I stared at it in shock, I thought my mother was just an artist, but apparently she was also Luke Skywalker. My mom walked over to me and handed the blade to me.

"This is called a seraph blade, I'm going to teach you how to use it." I stared at her and shook my head with a short laugh.

"You expect me to learn how to use that thing in half an hour?" I asked, looking at her like she was the stupidest person on this planet. I don't know if my mother is going crazy, but it sure did seem like it.

"It will come naturally to you, you've had training with Luke. You've been to dozens of martial arts lessons. But Clary, Clary's gonna be a harder one to teach." She said staring off into an unknown point. She was right though, I'm very experienced with weapons and fighting. When I was little, my mother and Luke thought it would be a god idea for Clary and me to get used to fighting. I was so happy about it, I bought a mini bow and arrow from Walmart and pretended I was in war in the living room. Clary on the other hand had to be difficult, she didn't even make it to the second lesson. She would scream and cry her way out of being taught how to protect herself.

When I was about 13, I had taken interest in a real bow and arrow, instead of a cheap knock off from Walmart. I went to many different shooting ranges asking for their opinion about bows. After a while of learning the safety and all that, Luke and mom bought me a real one for my 15th birthday. I even got a target to test it on, within months I was already extremely skilled with it.

Eventually I got more weapons like a handheld gun, a crossbow, throwing knives, Chinese ring daggers, etc. I had always been a fast learner, but I knew how to use the weapons before I even held them. I could use strategy to figure out how everything works and where everything goes.

And while this was going on, Clary was with Simon in her room drawing.

I took ahold of the glowing sword and stood up. My mom walked over to the fruit basket on the table and carried it to the coffee table. She picked up an apple and looked at me.

"When I throw this apple, you're going to try your hardest to cut it in half. Understood?" I nodded and got in position. She quickly threw the apple up in the air and stepped back. I stepped forward and swung the blade in front of me, calculating where the apple was going to be by the time my blade reached it.

I watched as the 2 halves of the apple fell to the floor, getting the carpet sticky. My mother looked up at me proudly and walked towards me, smiling.

"I knew you could do it, Tessa. Now listen to me, I want you to keep that, and if your ever in trouble use it to protect Clary and yourself. But only if you see anything suspicious going on, like if there's glowing eyes, or tentacles, or-" My mother's rambling was cut short as Clary barged through the door. I swiftly put the seraph blade behind my back.

My mother gave me a side glance before looking at Clary and congratulated her. I ran out of the room and up the stairs, making my way towards mine. I was going to a club with Clary, Simon, and Maureen. There was just something I had to do first.

I walked into my room and shut the door behind me. I threw the seraph blade on my bed and walked over to my antique cabinet, where I keep my weapons. I pulled the doors open to see all of my nicely polished Chinese ring daggers hanging from the door. I grabbed two of them and stuck them in my boot, where they'd be hidden from the rest of the city. I pulled on my leather jacket and my bag. I reached for my seraph blade and watched as the glowing knife protruded from the tip. I heard my phone buzz and threw my sword into my bag before opening my phone. I got a text from Clary:

Meet us at the club, wear something hot;)

I pulled my leather jacket closer around me and went downstairs. I said bye to mom and Luke before making my way to Pandemonium.

࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆

I walked over to Simon and Maureen who had a worried look on their faces. I saw that clary wasn't there and began to freak out.

"Where's Clary?" I questioned them while looking through the entrance. "I don't know she just started talking to herself and ran off." I sighed before grabbing his hand and pulling him into the club.

"Go get drinks, I'm gonna get clary!" I scream over the loud music. He nodded before him and Maureen left for the bar. I frantically looked around until I saw a flash of red hair making its was to a curtained area. I shoved my way through the crowd, ignoring the colorful threats I received from drunk people.

I reached her just as she walked through the curtain. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back, seeing the fighting unleash before us. Shadowhunters. But her being clary she had to run and save a girl, which by the way wasn't a girl.

I watched as clary pushed the girl in the purple dress into the couch, then her being towed across the room by a blonde muscular boy. I noticed 2 others fighting, a boy and a girl. Blondie lashed out his seraph blade and killed the demon, another came up behind him. A girl with long brown hair and a white suit on wrapped an electric whip around his neck, but it didn't kill him. I ran over to clary and helped her up. "We need to leave, right now." I said panicked beforehand info her away from the battle.

The blonde walked over and put his arm on clary, "are you alright?" She nodded, but before he could reply a demon came at him from behind. His seraph blade fell onto the couch, pulling the blade back in the handle. I rushed over to it and it instantly protruded. I watched as the blonde boy struggled to hold the demon still. I walked to the fight and swung the blade at an unusual speed, giving a deep cut to the demon. The demon have an inhuman roar before blasting into ashes and flames. I ran back over to clary and tried to push her out of the room, but she wouldn't budge.

I watched as the 3 shadowhunters slaughtered all the demons, when they were finished I looked at clary who still was paralyzed.

"Son of a bitch." I whispered impatiently before throwing the light redhead over my shoulder. As I was walking out I felt a pair of eyes on me, I turned around as I saw a pair of soft, brown eyes following my every movement. I turned back around as the curtain closed, running into someone. I looked up to see an Asian man with black hair and cat eye contacts in. I knew him from somewhere, I know I do.

I set Clary back on her feet before we ran outside, ignoring Simons cries of explanation, and jumped in a taxi.

I have to tell mom about this, she has to tell clary. I thought as we silently rode back to our apartment.

࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆

Another update because I really like this story. I've been in love with the books since chapter one of City of Bones, and Alec has always been my favorite chapter, but like in the show he's really fucking hot.

Tell me what you think about this book and how you think the next chapter should play out.

Vote/comment/share/follow

-a