;three

"And then some weird tentacles seemed to come out of the bodybuilders face." Clary ranted as my mother and I sat on the couch calmly. Once Clary and I had gotten back to out apartment, I said we should go straight to mom. But now Clary wouldn't stop talking, taking away our opportunity to speak.

"And then the guy just, vaporized. I mean I was drugged right?" Clary asked. I looked over at my mother as she replied. "What did the markings look like? On the blonde boy you were talking about." My mother asked curiously. Now that I think about it, I had totally forgotten about these so called runes.

"Who cares, mom. Okay are you even listening to me? I think I helped killed a guy." Clary rambled frantically.

"Clary, did they look like this?" My mother said while pulling out her stele. She dragged it just above her forearm as a red, faded tune appeared.

Clary cautiously took a step back. "Mom, what the-" Clary was cut off by our mother standing up and walking towards Clary. "Clary everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation, and I've dreaded having this conversation with you and Tessa since the day you two were born."

"Mom, what is going on? Why isn't Tessa freaking out? Why are you so worried about me and not her? Am I going insane?" She asked, glancing at me.

"No, you're not. But the protections are wearing off now and you need to know the truth."

"Protections? What does that even mean? Mom you-you're scaring the hell out of me." She said looking at the floor. I could tell she was on the verge of tears.

"I know and that's why I put this off until the last possible minute." My mother explained as she grabbed Clary's hands. Just then Dot came rushing into the room, looking scared and worried.

"Jocelyn, look out the window. Magnus called to warn us. They found you." She said as my mom rushed to the Windows side. I jumped up from my spot on the sofa and ran to my mothers side at the window. I saw a blood red car with 2 men in suits, stepping out onto the moist streets.

"Dot, it's time!" My mother yelled across the apartment. She quickly raced through the apartment, "okay listen to me, you cannot be near me."

"Mom, what's happening?" I asked following her footsteps. "I got a very powerful person angry." She replied.

My eyes were wide with fear, "what did you do?" I asked as I stood next to Clary. "I hid something from him and his followers."

"Followers, mom why can't we just call the police?" Clary asked frantically. I could tell she was freaking out. I managed to keep my cool. In some martial arts classes they'd say the key to winning a fight is making sure our emotions don't hold you back.

"The policeman you need to call is Luke." She said while grabbing a purple diamond necklace and wrapping it around Clary's neck. She took out another necklace, this one smaller, and clasped it around my pale neck.

"Keep these with you and think of me when you wear it. Both of you." She said.

"Mom this is not the time for more birthday gifts! What the hell is happening?" Clary screamed as Dot came up behind Clary. Dot handed a bottle of glowing liquids to our mother, "only if you need it."

"Trust your instincts Clary, Tessa," she said looking between the two of us, "you two more powerful than you know. Especially when together."

"Mom I need to understand wha-" clary was cut short by our mother ordering things at Dot.

"Dot open it." My mother said sternly. I watched as blue clouds of smoke erupted from Dot's Palm, creating a void, purple wall of shimmering lights. A portal.

"Everything I've done, every mistake I've made was because I love you two more than words." She said, grabbing us and dragging us in front of the purple portal.

"Mom what are you doing?" Clary asked frantically.

"Luke will explain everything. He'll hide you." Mother reassured us. "Hide us?" Clary asked, trying to fight back our mothers grip.

"From the circle. He's the only one you can trust. Trust no one else." She informed us. I was beyond confused, but if this is what our mother bought was right, then it was. Our mother always did what's right.

"Mom I don't-" Clary tried to reason. "Where's look now!" My mother screamed at our faces with ferocity.

"The police station!" We yelled back, we both now had tears brimming our eyes.

"Remember, I love you guys!" My mother said as tears slid down her face. I had never seen my mother so depressed before.

My sister continued to scream our mother's name but I new it was hopeless. This is what it was, this is what it had to be. I slowly slipped my hand into Clary's, as the void surrounded us.

࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆

Yo this chapter probably sucked bc im tired as fuck and I just had basketball for 2 hours straight, and I haven't had anything to eat all day. So sorry if it's shitty.

I have a question I wanna ask you all. Comment the answer

What's your favorite tv show?

-a