Chapter Nineteen

Jeremiahs POV

Kiadan was surprisingly unfazed when it came to helping me get Mark out of there. I had questions for him, but they would have to come later.

I had used a wolfsbane/narcotics concoction in a syringe to knock him out for a while but it would only hold him down for an hour or two.

We drug him out to the car as inconspicuously as possible, because that was possible.

"You can come with me, or go check on Kody, either way, stick around." I gave him a pointed look.

"Why are you trusting me so easily?"

"I'm not trusting you... But something tells me that you aren't going to hurt Kody or I. At least not yet. So what's it gonna be?" I needed to get out of there wether he was in or not.

He just looked up to the balcony of Kodys apartment.

"Go then, I'll be back as soon as I can. Keep her calm and make sure she doesn't go looking for me."

He gave me a sharp nod and jogged up to the lobby. I slammed the truck door closed, jumped into the drivers seat and watched for Kiadan to enter the apartment.

As soon as I saw her bright hair bob past the balcony window, I started it up and left. I didn't know where I was going just yet, but I had to get him away from her.

Kody's POV

I heard the door click about ten minutes after they slipped out of here. I kept the glass tucked tightly in my palm, as it had been since they left, and lifted myself stiffly from the side of the tub. I slowly pulled back the bathroom door, peering out to see who was there.

Just then someone came rushing through the bathroom door. I stumbled back, holding the glass up in front of my defensively.

"Woah, hey, hey it's just me. Kiadan. We met a couple weeks back, I'm your neighbor. I was just here helping you and your brother with... Whatever that was." He sputtered, holding his hands up in surrender.

"I know that. I hurt my wrist, I didn't fall on my head and lose my memory." I said as I slowly lowered the glass. If he was here to hurt me he wouldn't have helped with Mark. At least I hoped. I was too exhausted to care.

I looked down at my wrist, bleeding heavily, and much more painful now.

"Where's Jeremiah?" I asked, knowing that he needed to patch this up so I could move on.

"He went to deal with that guy. Who is he by the way?"

"Just... Someone we know." The room started spinning.

"Doesn't seem like a person you'd want to know. Hey, Are you okay?" He questioned, seeing me grasp the side of the tub. I looked up at him, shaking my head. He said something but I couldn't hear him.

I felt a sharp pain shoot through my arms, and then everything was a dull ache. The bathroom did one last turn just for show and everything was black.

Kiadan's POV

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her. She shook her head, her red locks hanging in front of her face. Her blue eyes peered up at me.

"We need to get you patched up, is there a kit somewhere here?" She didn't respond. I went to her, she was losing too much blood.

I took her arms, trying to keep her awake by having her talk to me. She went limp within a few seconds despite my efforts.

I caught her as she started slipping back into the tub. Picking her up, I carried her out to the couch. I made sure to close all of the curtains because if I could see in from my apartment, everyone else could too. I prayed to God nobody else had seen the wolf in her earlier.

I hurried back into the bathroom to search for a kit, thankfully it was already sitting there on the counter like a freaking godsend. I snatched it and went back out to Kody.

I searched through the kit for stitches of some kind, because she was going to need it with this bite. I found some and did my best to stitch it. She'd heal quickly anyways. I cleaned the scratches also, might as well do everything I could before she came to so she wouldn't have to feel any extra pain.

After I got that done I went to get her some water.

As I filled the glass I heard running. I rushed around to corner to see her making her way to the bathroom. I followed.

Kody's POV

Once I made it to the toilet I let it all out, you don't need details. Within seconds Kiadan was behind me, after setting down a glass of water he held my hair for me. It was sweet... But also creepy. Although, again, I was too exhausted to care.

I sat back after pretty much hurling my insides and took the glass of water he handed me. I eyed my neighbor, wondering why on Earth he wasn't freaked out right now. 

A/N 

This part is unfinished! Just publishing it to get feedback from what I have!