Chapter 1 : resurection

Darkness. Not just of sight but everything. Just dark. I felt nothing. My body was non existent. I felt no emotions. I was just there alone in the darkness. Suddenly there was light. And feeling. And with that feeling came pain. Suddenly I could feel my body again. Everything burned. I groaned and clutched at my ribs. For a second it felt as if I were being stabbed. All the pain ebbed. "Guardian?" I heard an almost robotic voice ask. "Eyes up guardian" it commanded. I opened my eyes. It was dusk. The sun setting fast. I was in a barren frozen landscape. Rusting bodies of cars were scattered. Suddenly memories came back to me.
It was dark. A figure walked toward me. My father. There was some 4 armed alien behind him. He was shouting at me. I fired a gun I didn't realize was in my hands. A blotch of red swelled in his chest. The alien behind him screamed. Then agonizing pain exploded from my chest just below my breasts as I watched a sword burst through it.

I shuddered at the dim memory. It was then I noticed the little floating orb in front of me. "It worked! Your alive" it shifted as it spoke to me. "What happened?" I whispered my voice barely working. "You've been dead a long time. But I brought you back!" It said with glee. "What are you?" I mumbled. "I'm a ghost. Actually I'm your ghost" it replied. Suddenly I heard a scream distant like that of the alien in my memory. "The fallen!" The ghost shouted worriedly. "Alright you're gonna see some things you might not understand but I need you to trust me ok?" It said. Suddenly blue lines engulfed it and it disappeared. After a moment it said "don't worry I'm still with you. Now move" it sounded like it was in my head. I looked ahead and saw a Great Wall. I started sprinting towards it. "Get inside!" The ghost ordered. I saw an opening where cars were piled up. I ran inside and up some stairs. There was a catwalk in the middle of the room and a dim light in the corner. "Shh the fallen are right above us" the ghost whispered in my head. I walked slowly across the catwalk and turned the corner. We were on a balcony but that was all I could see for the only light was the glow of the ghost. "I need more light. The fallen will thrive in the dark. We won't" the ghost was flying about as I stood in the darkness. Memories were flashing in my head as I waited. "Got it" the ghost said. Suddenly lights came on revealing a massive corridor with beams criss crossing through it. And on those beams were thousands of the aliens called fallen. "I found you a gun! Run!" The ghost shouted flying ahead revealing a doorway with a rifle leaning against it. I sprinted to it and grabbed it not stoping. "We have to get out of here" the ghost said again in my head. I was running down hallways, turning when the ghost said too. Fallen were everywhere but with my weapon they stood little chance. Every time I ran out of ammo in magazine a new one would appear in my hand. But I didn't have time to question how. We had to get out of this wall. "We're almost there just a little farther!" The ghost shouted in my head as I killed two more of the aliens. I saw a doorway and sprinted for it. I rushed out in the outside of the wall. It was nighttime. There were ancient building around us and in the distance enormous bulbous ships that were in decay. Suddenly by one of them the air warped and shimmered. As I watched bewildered an enormous ship exploded into the air with a pulsing wave spreading out around it. the shockwave knocked down the gargantuan ships. "Fallen ships this close to the surface?! Run!" The ghost said. Suddenly a gray beacon light up inside a building a little ways away. As I started running the massive fallen ship opened on the underside and more tiny ones flew out of it. "I'm detecting a jump ship in this building. If we get to it well be safe" the ghost said in my head as I entered the building, following the waypoint. The ghost lead me through the hallways and corridors of this building until we got to a large room. There was no room and an abandoned ship lay in the center of the room with fallen standing around it. They turned around and pointed there guns at me. I dodged around under cover of a collapsed concrete beam. Suddenly I felt a rush of energy and a grenade materialized in my hand. I tossed into the center of the six fallen. It exploded into a miniature sun and the fallen fell to the ground burning. "Good job. Now give me a second to see if this thing works" ghost said as I walked around the ship. "It hasn't made a jump in centuries" the ghost said anxiously. "Will it fly?" I asked worriedly. "Yes" the ghost said gleefully. He materialized in front of me only to disappear into the ship. After a second lights lit up on the large ship. I heard a growl behind me to see an enormous fallen enemy climbing through a hole in the wall. "I'm bringing you in!" The ghost said. Blue lines appeared on my body and suddenly I was inside the ships cockpit. "We'll come back for them when you're ready" the ghost said Beside me. I watched through the dirty window of the ship as we rose above the building into the clouds. Finally away from danger.