Chapter 6 : the begining

Alec's ship was much larger than mine to say the least. While his looked like just a collection of tubes welded together it had a very spacious interior. When we transmated  into the ship we were greeted by a living room like area. There were couches set up against one wall and a dresser with a tv mounted to the wall above it opposite to the couch. "Jesus it's like another house in here." Ezrath muttered beside me. "Yep this is my baby. I've put over 15000 glimmer into her." He stated proudly in front of me. "It even has a warp drive. I can fly anywhere within hours with this thing." He continued on as me and ezrath both sat on the couches. Alec walked towards a door and opened it revealing a tiny cockpit. He sat and took the controls of the ship and I felt our speed increase. "Alright we'll be there in fifteen minutes." He announced. I rested my chin on my hand. I was still furious at him. I mean come on all he ever talked about was my ass. Then again he was pretty funny. And cute. I stopped myself there. I couldn't get attached to him. Anybody I was attached to died. And my dream last night made me even more cautious. Soon enough the ship downed and stopped. "Alright I'm not expecting a fight and this is earth so I'm leaving my helmet off until I need it. You guys do as you please." He said and disappeared. Ghost? I asked in my head. Yes? My ghost answered in my mind. So my theory was correct I could talk to ghost without actually speaking. Transmat me down to that asshole. I commanded. The ghost chuckled slightly and soon I disappeared as well.

We landed in front of a sort of sloping hill with a crumbling building at the top. Around us there were rusted and torn hulls of ancient boats that layed on their sides. As ezrath appeared beside me and Alec my ghost appeared. "Be careful. I detected movement in these around here a moment ago." As if on que of the ghost saying that fallen jumped up from behind cover in format of us and started firing. We ourselves fell to the ground and readied our weapons. Since none of us wore helmets not of our HUDs were working. I materialized one of the solar grenades I knew how to use and chucked it at the fallen. As it landed on a rock next to two of the aliens it exploded into a miniature sun and the fallen were no more. Using the grenade as a distraction I jumped up and started firing my pulse rifle at the remaining four fallen. Three of them fell in quick succession but the third dodged the bullets. As the last round of my magazine were wasted the thing grabbed a knife from its side and charged me. I was momentarily paralyzed with fear as I recognized the energized knife as the same one I had been killed with. I was helpless as my vision tunneled onto the knife and I froze. The creature jumped and right before the knife touched me it flew back. I shook my head and cleared myself from my daze. Ezrath stood beside me with his arm outstretched. As the alien moved to get up its head exploded in a flicker of blue fluid and its body fell limp. "Ashley what's wrong? Are you ok?" Alec asked as he stepped in front of me. He looks genuinely concerned. "I-I'm fine" I mumbled out. "No you're not. You look like you've a ghost. And the second that vandal charged you froze." He pressed on. Anger bubbles up in me again along with fear. " I said I'm fine." I shouted at him. He looked like I just slapped him in the face. "Ok. If you need to talk I'm here." He said and turned around, facing away from me again. He started walking up the hill and we followed. Soon we came to the crumbling building and once we entered Alec lead us to a hidden staircase. We descended flight after flight of stairs as we went deeper underground. At one point there was no light from the surface so our ghosts illuminated the way for us. Then as we descended one last stairway there was light.

We were a large square room with rusted metal shelves lining the two walls to either side of us. In front us however was something much different. There was sleek black iron diamond shaped doorway that was at least 12 feet high in front of us. It was engraved with and odd symbol in the middle that was half destroyed. Below it there was a sizzling hole tall enough for us to walk through with room to spare. The door dripped with an odd black substance. "Jesus Christ. What could have done this? I thought Rasputin was basically invincible." Ezrath said beside us in a shocked tone. Alec cautiously stepped forward through the doorway. Behind was what looked to be machinery of some kind. Alec motioned us to follow and we did. As we followed a walkway we continued to see odd spores that pulsates in increased clusters. Finally they overran the walls around us. They stink of rot and death enough to that I gagged and struggled to not puke. "What is this?" Alec asked in fear to no one in particular. Then we heard noise around the corner. We all readied our weapons, something was very wrong here. When we looked around the corner we were greeted with the stuff of nightmares.

Ahead was a large cavern that was made of the same dark metal as the doorway with multiple other doorways around just like it. The worst part however were all the creatures that were now staring at us. Most of them were humanoid things that looked like grey skeletons with dead flesh hanging off of them. Then there were more humanoid things that looked like they were covered in bone that was drenched in blood. They stood slightly above the skeletal creatures and held odd shaped weapons. Then there were those that towered over both. There were hulking monsters that held giant speeds or massive cannons. And finally behind all of them was a floating thing that was screeching. Dark smoke hovered about it and it had four glowing blue eyes. All of this we noticed in just the span of a few seconds. Then all of the creatures roared and screamed and charged us. There was no point in us even trying fight them as there were hundreds of them charging so we all just ran. Giant explosions ripped apart where we were just standing a second ago as the hills fired off their cannons. The skeletal creatures were very fast however and were at our heals reaching out with their talons. We all screamed as we ran up the multiple stairways trying to escape this overwhelming enemy. "Ghost be prepared for immediate transmat!!" Alec yelled as we reached the top of the stairs. I felt my super become charged and activated it. I threw grenade after grenade to the stairway and Suns bloomed there. Before with could admire my handiwork I saw the creatures start to run through it. Alec grabbed me and started running again. We were almost to the bottom of the hill when I looked back one last time. The hulks stood at the top of the hill and those with cannons started a barrage of blue energy towards us. The skeletons were almost on us and just before they and the cannon blast hit we were transmated. 

We dropped on the the floor of the ship and me and Alec both fell to our knees gasping for breath. "What the fuck was that?" I asked between gulps of air. Ezrath, who wasn't gasping due to the fact that he was a machine, responded. "That was the hive. They've controlled the moon for centuries but no ones ever seen them on earth before. We need to report this to the vanguard asap." He said. Alec regained his composure and ordered his ghost to get  us out of here. And so now we sped to alert the vanguard of this new threat.