Training

"Its only been an hour and you're all tired." I say as I lean against my tree after our run.

This was sad. Normally a ten mile run should have been a walk in the park for trackers and hunters alike. No wonder they had issues tracking me.

"How is training going?" Dom had come to check up on us and I gave him a glare.

"They all suck. I am scared to see your hunters shape." He sucked in a breath and smiled.

"Well how about training them as well?"

"First things first, same rule applies, one month, then I let you know if I am staying."

"Of course"

"And I make them focus on stamina first before anything else." He nodds and goes silent, next thing I knew, all the hunters were there.

"Whats up? All we were told was to be here." The Beta said and I smiled.

"As of today, Amberle will be training you." Dom informed all of them and I waved.

"I will be testing you all for a month, if I decide you all are hopeless, I leave." I smiled and stretched.

"Most of you have dealt with me already this past year, you all suck on team work and stamina." I state, not sparing any feelings.

"So what we are going to do is run. Every last one of you, including Dom, will be chasing me around the teritory. I have hidden cameras already in place and if anyone one of you quit before you can beat me then we continue to you drop from exhaustion." The clearing went silent as they all stared at me.

"Who are you?" The Beta questioned and I smirk.

"You will know soon enough. Now, as a pack you need to trust each other and work as one. The game is simple, take the scarf off of me using what ever means posible as long as I don't get severely hurt or killed." I hold out a neon pink scarf and showed it to the group.

"All of you will be in human form while I am in my wolf since its easier to spot me." They all laugh and I smile, Dom smirking at them all.

"Don't underestimate her." He advices and nods at me to shift.

I tie the scarf loosely around my ancle and hide behind a tree as I place my clothes in the hole so that I can retrieve them later.

I shift quickly and take a deep breath before revealing myself to the group, many gasping and some lunging for me. I just dodged them and sat queitly.

"This is your new trainer, do not disrespect her." Dominic's voice rings clear with authority and warning.

"I asked her to be here since she single handedly took out the strongest rogues, the strongest soulless, I had ever faced last year, saving my life while all of you were too slow." He adds and shame fills the air. I sigh and walk over to their Alpha, wacking him with my tail and growling. He got the message clear and I smirk.

"So when do we start?" The Beta ask and I wink before taking off, leaving them confused before the crashes and sounds of their pursuit going through the forests.

I took this time to go to the creek, running through the water before jumping onto the low branches and make my way to the trees, stopping and watching the scene below.

"Where the hell did she go?" The Beta schreeched and I smirked.
Dom was also looking everywhere, trying to spot me.

"Remember, she is a top tracker." He reminded the group, looking at the trackers mostly.

"What is the main hiding spot that you all use, the way you take when tracking rogues?" He asks and the look up in unision.

"The trees." A female said, one of four in the fifty trackers that were there.
She scans them for a second before her eyes widen and she looks at me.

"There, I see her." She says and points at my direction, everyone staring at me now.

I lift a paw and wave before taking off, hoping from branch to branch quickly as I hear a few join me but they were all to slow and a lake comes into view as I dive in with out notice, swimming under the water as best as I can in my wolf form and reaching the small island with the heavy bush.
They all passed by me and I rolled my eyes.

It was an hour before they doubled back, by then I had swam to the other side and was waiting. They were doing better then I thought they would.

"Anyone catch her scent yet?" The tracker girl from before asked.
They all shake their head and Dom looks at the island I vacated.

"Miles, your our best swimmer, see if she is or has been on their." He looks at a hunter and points to the island.
Minutes passed before he swam back and nodded his head.

"She was there, but she left. She must be watching us." And he was right. Maybe I should throw them a bone.
The wind was blowing in my favour but this was to test their skills as a pack, so I quietly make my way through the forest around them until the wind blew my scent towards them.

"I smell her!" That was my que to leave as I took off at an easy jog.

For hours I ran all over their territory, leading them into traps and tricking them till the sun was setting.
I was starving but I had to wait for one of them to take the flag, so I kept running.

Everyone was out of breath and I had slowed down, my stamina strong as my breath came out even.

My paws were sore but I could handle it as I took a break. They were close now and I sliped into the tree, my fur matching the setting sun and hiding me.

"Is...there...a...punishment...for...surendering?" The Beta asked and I held back a growl. For the number one pack, they were lazy.

"We don't quit!" Dom states firmly and got a yes Alpha from everyone. I think it was time to end the game and I jumped down, sifting and using my long hair and scarf to hide my body.

"You all did great, but you lost. I had to slow down mulitiple times and deliberately let my scent drift to you all. From now on we will train like this each weekend and you will be running five laps around the territory daily. Yes Dom that includes you." I add when I see his raised hand.

He took off his shirt and hands it to me and I gratefully put it on, letting the scarf hang around my neck loosely.

"Now let go get some food, I am starving." With that I led the way to the pack house, grabbing my clothes from the tree on the way there.

The elders had made an amazing meal and I had a pitcher of ice water to myself.

I quickly learned the names of the wolves I was training and I nodded. Tonight I would review the footage and make notes on where to improve.