Chapter 1

It is the first day of school for 16 year old Avery Adams. She just left her house and is on her way there in her new car she got for her birthday last week. Avery had set her phone down beside her when she got in her car. When she was driving she heard her phone buzz, she left it knowing she could not answer her phone while driving. A few minutes later, it buzzed again. She thought to herself... She decided she was sure nothing would ever happen to her, and picked up her phone for a minute or two, set it back down, and it buzzed again. This time she simply just glanced down at it. When she looked back up, she was only inches away from another car and was hit.
Avery had felt herself die and she saw heaven through her eyes, only a few hours later she woke again. She was sure she had died. But how? She was so confused. She didn't know what had happened or what to do. So she went on with her day, knowing in her mind she had been to heaven, and was back from the dead. She walked the halls of her school. Nobody asked her if she was okay, how she was still alive, nobody asked her any unusual questions. She continued her seven hours until they were over. She then drove back home.
"Mom?" She said as she walked in the door. Was she a ghost, she wondered...
"Yes? I'm in the kitchen making dinner honey." Her mother replied, "I can't hear you very well, come in the kitchen if you want to talk to me!" No, she wasn't a ghost, her mother could hear her and see her just fine. She walked into the kitchen and asked her mom, "Mom?" She said
"What?" Her mother asked. Avery looked at her for a minute, scared say what she wanted to say.
"Okay so this is going to sound weird but..." She paused "Am I... Am I... Dead?" She finally said, staring at her mom.
"No sill, of course not! Why would you think that?" Her mom said, a confused look on her face...
"Uh, never mind. Forget I said anything" Avery replied. She turned around and walked to her room. She closed her door and plopped herself down on her bed. "What is happening!" She asked herself, wishing she knew. She was sure she had died, but did she?