Chapter 4

Avery went home and found a note left by her mom telling her that she went shopping and won't be home for a few hours, so Avery decided to go for a walk. She took a long walk around town and then went back to her house. By the time she got home it was around 6:23 pm and to her surprise, her mom was already home.
    "Hey sweetie, how was school today?" she questioned. She always aked Avery how her day was when she got home, she had done it since Avery was nine.
    "It was ok. The usual, boring day at school. As always." she informed her mom. She walked to the kitchen and got a glass of water and a granola bar. Then she walked out into the dining room and sat down at the table, her mom sat down next to her.
    "How long have you been walking?" she went on, her mother was a woman of conversation. Avery's parents were divored and she hadn't seen her dad in 5 years, so her and her mom talked alot.
    "Since I got home at five. I jogged half the time." Avery chattered. Her mom got up and walked to the living room and Avery finished her snack and went to her bedroom. About a half an hour later they ate dinner and Avery decided to go to bed. She slept for what felt like days, weeks. When she finally woke up, she remembered all of a suuden she had died last week. How had she forgotten?