Chapter III

Ben's POV ■

I lamely stretched my arms as I woke up. I walked around the quiet house with gentle footsteps, aware that it was quite early. Jeff is usually taking a walk at this time, so I checked on Jack. He was sleeping shirtless, and it seemed that he was slightly smiling. I tiptoed into the kitchen and put a pair of earbuds in my ears. I turned up the volume of my music and began cracking eggs into a bowl. 'To whom it may concern..' I softly sung to myself as I whisked the eggs.

Jeff's POV ■

I heard yelling as I approached my house. The key fell out of my hand as I hastily attemped to unlock the door. My first thought was that Jack and Ben had gotten into an argument. I picked up the key and quickly turned it in the doorknob. I swung open the door and looked around. 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN! I'M SORRY!' I could tell the yelling was from Ben. I raced to the kitchen and saw Ben pouring pancake batter in a stove pan. I realized that his earbuds were in his ears and came to the conclusion that he was singing, but I don't think he had any clue how loud he was being. Shaking my head with a laugh I shouted, "Ben! Ben!" I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He jumped with a gasp, which made me laugh harder. I made a motion for him to take his earbuds out. "Dude, you were singing so loud!" He chuckled, "Sorry, I got carried away," he unplugged the earbuds and stuffed them in his pocket. "The pancakes smell good." I complimented. I felt arms wrap around my waist and knew it was Jack. Ben was turned the opposite way from us so luckily he didn't see. Ben and I were good friends but I don't know how he'd react if he found out that our roommate and I had a thing- if we are a 'thing.' I don't suspect that he'd be foul about it, but it might be awkward. I decided that I wouldn't hide it, but I wouldn't be blunt about it. Just let it sink in I guess.

■ Jack's POV ■

Jeff turned around to face me. He nudged his head towards Ben. I knew what he was thinking, and honestly I was thinking the same thing. I nodded my head in a silent agreement. He held my hand as his arm gently pulled away, unlocking our hands. "I heard your performance in here. Great job on the vocals." I grinned at Ben. He shook his head while putting the cooked pancakes on a long plate, "Help yourself, boys." He pulled 3 plates out of the cupboard and handed one to each of us. After fixing my plate I plopped down on the couch. Jeff sat beside me and Ben sat at the computer desk. I sat my back against the arm of the couch so that my legs were laying on Jeff's. He soothingly rubbed my legs up and down. God, he's such a sweet guy. I leaned over and gave him a peck on the lips. I felt my face burning red, but so was Jeff's. He returned the kiss. He smiled shyly at his plate and set it down. "I uh..I'm gonna go for a walk." he cleared his throat. "I'll join if you don't mind." Ben raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Not at all." Jeff looked at me, "Care to join?" He asked. A walk with Jeff did sound great, but I've had a small amount of alone time lately. "No thanks, I'm gonna relax here." I politely smiled. "Suit yourself." he and Ben slipped on their shoes and walked out the door.