Chapter 17

We've gotten used to our new home in the past few weeks and it really feels like our home now. When I wake up in the morning it feels like home. I just brought Haley to school and I was walking upstairs to our bedroom. I heard Ross talking on the phone in our bedroom.

"No way. I'm not going to do that!" He says quite angrily. I frown but I didn't want to interrupt him so I walk to Haley's bedroom, making her bed and cleaning her room up a bit. I walk out of her bedroom again when I heard Ross ending the phone call. I knocked on the bedroom door.

"Come in." Ross says. I walk in and I see him sitting on our bed with his hands in his hair.

"What's wrong? I heard you talking.." I say and I sit down on the bed next to him, placing my hand on his back.

"Riker wants R5 to go on another tour.. And it's going to be a tour of four weeks.." He says and he frowns, looking up at me. I shock. Whoa, four weeks. I'm gonna have to be four weeks without him.. What if I give birth while he is gone? What if he has to go just after we got a baby? What if..? I try not to panic and I look at Ross.

"Whoa.. That really sucks.. When are they planning on going?" I ask.

"Uhm, it's still gonna be about half a year before we're actually going, but I'm going to talk to Riker about it. He can't force me to go on this tour. I mean, I have a family now! He can't expect me to be available all the time.. And especially not when you're expecting a baby.." Ross says and I can see he's quite angry.

"Do you want me to come with you when you're gonna talk to Riker?" I ask and rub his back gently.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I don't want you to see me like that. I don't want you to get scared of me.." Ross says and he looks at me seriously.

"Okay, baby, but please don't hurt each other." I say and frown. Ross places a soft kiss on my lips.

"I won't, babe." He says, making me smile small. My smile fades quickly and I look down, playing with my fingers a bit.

"I'm just scared that you have to go on tour when I'm about to give birth or that you're going on tour right after I gave birth.. Can you please get an exact date when you guys are going- I mean, if you're going- so I can see if you'll be here when I'm giving birth?" I ask, looking down still.

"I will. But I promise I'll be here when you're giving birth baby, I promise." Ross says and he takes my hands and rubs the back of my hands with his thumbs. I look up at him with a small smile on my face.

"Thanks." I say/whisper, almost being unable to speak because I was actually at the edge of crying. Ross noticed it and he wrapped his arms around me tightly, I hug him back and I hide my face in his chest, trying my very best to hold back my tears.

"I'm going to Riker right now. I need to talk to him. He can't make me go on this stupid tour. I mean, I love being in the band, but I think I've had enough now. We've been touring for a few years, and we've made a few albums, and I think it's enough now. I'm having a family now, Riker and Rocky have girlfriends too and Rydel and Ellington are planning on moving in together.. We're all starting to get our own families now.." Ross says and he gets up from the couch.

"Okay, baby. But be careful." I say and look up at him slightly worried.

"I will." He leans down to peck my lips and I watch him as he puts on his jacket and he grabs the car keys. He walks out of the door and closes it behind him. I let out a soft sigh. I need distraction. I turn on the TV and I zap through the channels, finding a quite interesting show after a few minutes.

Just before the show ended I heard the door open and I turned to see who it was. It was Ross, of course. I looked back at the TV to see the ending of the show. I turn the TV off and wait for Ross to enter the living room.

"How did it go?" I ask once he sits down next to me. He sighs deeply and scoots closer to me. I guess he's in need of attention. I wrap my arms around him and I see him frowning.

"I guess he really is forcing me to go on this tour.." He says, looking down at his lap.

"It will be fun, though. The fans would really like it if you guys did another tour. And don't worry about me, Haley or our baby. I'll be fine. I have my mom, my sister and my dad and they could always babysit the kids when it gets too much for me. And besides, it's only for four weeks. It's not that long." I say and I move my hand to his cheek, caressing it gently. He looks up at me and nods.

"Yeah, you got a point there." Ross says.

"It'll be alright. I promise." I say and I peck his lips. I can feel Ross smiling small against my lips.

"We should enjoy this first." He says and places his hand on my belly. I smile small and Ross cuddles up to me. I wrap my arms around him and I enjoy the feeling of his hands on my belly.

After a little while of cuddling, I feel something in my stomach. Ross feels it too and he shoots up with widened eyes.

"The baby just kicked!" Ross says with a big smile on his face.

"I know, I felt it!" I say and smile as well.

"This feels amazing, my first child.." Ross says and he places his hands on my stomach again, waiting for the baby to kick again.