Stuck Between My Arch Enemy and My Best Friend - Chapter Two: Class Swop

School was completely usual for the rest of the day. The two friends stayed out of trouble, and avoided Luke, because that was honestly the only way the three of them were going to get along. The class before lunch found both Brook and Jorden chilling in the back of their History classroom.

"I love your shoes, Brook!" one of their classmates, and short bubbly girl, whose name was Jen, said. Jen loved to gossip. When she says a comment, it is normally because she is trying to work out how to spin it to make it news worthy for the whole school to care. Half the fights this place is apart of, was all because of her. It was quite impressive.

"I know, right! They are totally cute!" declared Brooklyn, who was trying to hide her suspisions about the girl before her. Apparently, that was not the answer Jen was looking for, so she turned to Jorden.

"What's your thoughts?" she asked him. His eyes grew wide, as though he was caught in the headlight. Jorden knew that he was stuck. If he agreed, it was practically begging for Jen to say that he was gay, if he ignored the question completely, Jen would tell everyone how he has fallen in unrequited Love with Brook, and thus could no longer have an objective opinion about her. Either way, he wouldn't hear the end of it for months.

With that in mind, Jorden gave the biggest, uncommittal shrug he could possibly master, and got back to scratching doodles in the back of his maths book with a pencil that needed to have either been sharpened, or replaced, weeks ago.

Jen frowned, flicking her luxurious hair over her shoulders with her painstakingly manicured fingernails. Brooklyn noticed her gucci handbag, and smiled at her.

"That's beautiful Jen!" She smiled back, but the happiness wasn't within her eyes. They seemed rather cool.

"It cost me 12." she said simply. But by that she meant $1,200. And the numbers games has begun. Everything was about having the money to afford things, within this school. If you had no money, you really were not going to get anywhere! Brook smiled at her classmate, barely noticing how Jen had shrugged at the price of her bag, acting as though that money meant nothing at all. For that was really just how this school was.

The teacher eventually strolled into our History class, and everyone reluctantly took our seats. Jorden had found a place beside Brook, so that he could sneak her some lollies he had brought to class. She was so grateful for that; History was practically impossible to stay awake in, no matter how hard you try; Sugar was bound to prolong the arrival of sleep, even if it was only for a short while.

As he handed Brook the first bundle in preparation for the class, the teacher called out her name. She looked up, guilt plastered all over her face. The teacher was holding a note in his hand, and looking slightly confused.

"You have been transferred to another History class. Your new class is V714."

"I'm sorry sir?"

He shrugged, and motioned for her to gather her things together. "Why?" Brook called out as she did so.

"The note said there has been some re arrangement to the classes." Brook smiled sadly at Jorden, who was frowning at the turn of events, and walked up to the front of the class. As her, now ex, teacher passed the note with the new class number written on it, she asked the most important question.

"But why me?" The teacher appeared to have little to tell her.

"Because the Powers Above sent a note informing me so," was the only response he had.

With a final look at her still very confused best friend, Brooklyn was hushed out of the door. It was cool in the Hallways, and she hurried to her new class; she did hate to be late. She also hated swopping classes midway through term; it was unavoidably awkward.