Part 3

YAAASSSS! new update! I really wanna finish this fic so I can move on to new ones *wink wink* haha

Anyways, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alden Richards have been eyeing her letter for God knows how long. He thought her letter would make him feel overjoyed. But instead, it left him feeling puzzled and disappointed.

He read her statement again. "I am just not ready."

He remembered when she told him all about it. She told him when the two of them decided to have a heart to heart talk during their filming break when they found solitude on the corner of the filming set.

Flashback...

Maine and Alden decided to have a Q&A session during their filming break so that they can get to know each other more. They have already covered the usual questions before such as "what are your favourites..."

This time they wanted to know more intimate things about one another.

They started with "first kiss" and "first crush," and once that was over...

"Weird ba if I ask kung ilan na naging girlfriend mo?" Maine asked him. "You don't have to give names or anything."

"Haha! Ok lang," he replied. Might as well be straightforward about it. She will have to know about it sometime anyways, for their relationship to move forward. "Maniniwala ka ba if I tell you na, I had only two girlfriends."

She grinned in response. "Paano mo nalaman na hindi ako maniniwala. Sa gwapo mong yan, obvious naman na madami kang chicks no," she joked.

He shook his head while having a faint smile on his face. "Hindi naman porket may nagwapuhan sakin at nagustuhan ako, i-gi-girlfriend ko kaagad. I take love seriously." He said his last sentence full of determination.

He will tell her about his past relationships with enough details. No more and no less. He wanted her to know how the real Richard Faulkerson Jr. actually shows affection and how he loves a woman.

"My first girlfriend was in high school, her name was Camille. She was smart and very sweet. Mapala-tawanin din siya, katulad mo. Since it was my first time na magka-girlfriend, binuhos ko lahat sa kanya ang pagmamahal ko. Every monthsary I gave her gifts, kahit walang-wala na kong pera. Everyday I will walk to her house to pick her up and drop her off after schoolwhile carrying her bag for her. I did everything for her," Maine can now see a change in Alden's expression.

He was looking down at his feet trying to hide his sad emotions.

"I did all of those, pero binali-wala niya lang. we broke up after third year of high school. She said that she needs to focus on her studies and she doesn't need me to distract her. I was just a distraction for her. Lahat daw nag ginagawa ko para sa kanya is for my own gain only. I didn't know what to feel then. Wala naman akong magagawa. Kung naging mahal mo nga siya, you'll just support her and let her go. She broke my heart pero wala na akong magagawa doon.

Maine listened to him intently. She did not want to miss any of his words and emotions.

"Last time I heard, she is now studying in a university in America." He looked up at her and gave her a faint smile. He wants to show her that he is okay now. That he has moved on.

"The very next year, I lost my mum. Because of that, I decided that I will just focus on my family and make my mum's wish for me come true. After graduating high school, nagpursigi akong magtrabaho at maging artista. Kailangan kong buhayin ang pamilya ko. I don't have time for games and pagpapabulakbol. At that time, I understood what Camille meant. I don't need a distraction right now. I will just focus on work."