|| 14 || I Think It Looks A Hundred Times Better Off You

Getting an email from Noah always put a smile on my face. And there was currently a huge one as I clicked on his message to open it.

From: Noah Torres

To: May Torres

Hi May, I hope you and Mom are okay. I miss you both a lot. Sorry I didn't send you an email earlier, I've just been a little busy lately.

BUT, guess what? I'm coming home for Christmas!

I immediately brought my hands up to my face as a gasp escaped my mouth. I couldn't believe it. Noah was coming home. After so many months, he was finally coming home.

After my initial shock was over, I continued reading the email.

Since I'm planning on proposing to Hanna when I get back, I want you to find out what kind of ring she wants WITHOUT letting her find out. If she figures out what's going on, I'm telling Adam that you had a crush on him when you were both 6 years old.

My eyes widened in shock. He wouldn't, would he? That was a dark period for me, I can't believe I actually had a mini crush on Adam. My six year old self was crazy. I don't know what I saw in him. Everyone had their dirty secrets and this was mine. I wouldn't risk exposing them.

Now I just had to think of a way to ask Hanna what kind of ring she wanted without giving it away. I glanced at the clock and realised that I only had less than an hour before Hanna would be here to pick me up to go shopping. Great. As if that would be enough brainstorming time.

Speaking of Adam, how's my favourite man? ;) Okay, I'm sorry. I know you hate him.

Damn right I do.

Well baby sis, I hope things go well and the next time we talk it won't be through email but face to face.

I love you and be safe.

I finished reading Noah's email and wasted no time in replying. I told him how excited I was for him to be coming home, assured him that I wouldn't let Hanna find out, called him a jerk for risking exposing my deepest, darkest secret, and then finally told him that Joey and I were dating. I wondered how he would react to that.

I knew he was protective of me but he had known Joey for such a long time. He could trust Joey. I just hoped he would approve.

Just as I was closing my laptop, my phone beeped, signalling I had a text.

adam:
hey, i hope you're okay considering everything that went down yesterday

A small smile appeared on my face at Adam's thoughfulness. He had his moments.

me:
yeah i'm good, thanks for asking

adam:
i'm glad to hear that mayflower

me:
adam, i just want to thank you again for everything that you did for me yesterday

adam:
i'm always there for you when you need me, baby girl

I bit my lip as a grin broke out onto my face. Adam was so sweet sometimes, but it was sad that he didn't always show this side of his.