Chapter 5

-:-:- Eren's PoV -:-:-

I paced up and down the living room, fiddling with my thumbs. Since I woke up this morning I had been nervous and running around the apartment.

Over the night I had made a dark blue night sky with some silver dust like clouds as a background for Levi's eyes. I had realized I said I wanted to finish a painting so I needed a painting that I could finish today.

My phone vibrated and I jumped, walking towards the kitchen counter where it was placed.

Armin: have fun todayy <3

I sighed of relief and texted back.

Me: thanks... hope I survive :/

Armin: calm down eren u r 2 cute 2 die yet :3

Me: yeah sure

I grinned at the phone and set it down as the doorbell rang. "Oh gosh, I can't do this." I whispered to myself and walked towards the door, placing my hand on the handle. I swiftly opened it and tried to put a polite smile onto my face. "Hello Levi!"

He looked up at me with a raised eyebrow . "What is with that look?"

My face fell and I rubbed my cheeks that hurt from the horrible smile I had put on. "Sorry."

Levi sighed and walked past me without waiting for an invitation. Okay, I wanted him to come over so of course he would just walk in.

I shut the door and watched him from the distance as he neatly put his shoes away and walked into the living room. His glare went over the furniture and I wondered what he thought of the light wood and bright colours everywhere. I was an artist after all, so I painted some of the furniture and even did a colourful design on one of the white walls. His gaze stayed at that painting a lot longer than on the rest of the room. Finally he averted his eyes and looked back to me. I had only stood there, staring at his eyes as they scanned my room.

"So?" He asked and crossed his arms.

I coughed awkwardly and guided him to my atelier. "I am just warning you, it is really messy." I said to get rid of the silence while opening the door. The shocked expression that crossed his face for a second gave away how horrified he was by this room.

He furrowed his brows and walked in hesitantly. "Filthy." That was his only comment, but I looked around us and had to admit he was right.

I stumbled over some brushes on the floor and pointed to the painting. "Uhm, here is the background of the painting." I explained.

Levi looked at it and nodded. "You are good." He stated and a small smile spread across my face. His eyes then wandered over some other paintings that were leaned against a wall, until he saw the one with the woods in different shades of green. Without a word he stepped closer and stared at it.

In the meantime I leaned against my desk and watched him. How his expression changed from bored and annoyed to slight admiration and amazement. How his eyes lit up ever so slightly, like he couldn't show emotion through his expression but only through his silver eyes. I studied his features, his posture, everything about him was fascinating in its own way. I grabbed the cheap camera I had for taking snaps of sketches and pointed it at him, quickly taking a picture of him. I lowered it and continued looking at Levi.

"I know you took a picture." He said calmly, still not taking his eyes off the painting. "I am just wondering what you need it for when you only want to do my eyes." Levi said and turned towards me.

I blushed and put the camera away. "You never know when you will need a good photo again." I tried talking myself out of this awkward encounter and pulled up a small stool, placing it in front of my desk. "Can you, uhm, maybe sit down please?" I asked him politely and pointed to the stool.