8

Today was my first day, and I was speechless. We pulled up to the front of the school, and stared out the window looking at all the kids enter the school. They looked utterly miserable. I on the other hand, was excited. Gerard turned from the drivers seat to look at me.

"Excited?" He asked, looking at everyone who would rather kill themselves then enter that building.

"Yeah." I responded. I grabbed my backpack from the seat next to me and pulled it over my shoulder.

"Ray and Mikey are going to pick you up after school, I have an interview." I nodded and opened up the car door.

"Have fun Adie, don't die." Gerard jokingly said. I laughed and shut the car door. I waved as he drove off and walked on the pathway towards the school. Everyone sensed that I had just transferred, considering I wasn't here last year. Obviously. I had these "catching up classes " to take the whole year. It was designed for kids like me that missed a big portion of school due to some illness, accidents, and anything in between. I entered the school, teachers were in the halls guiding kids to their homerooms. I looked at my " back to school sheet. " My homeroom number was 375. I made my way to a friendly looking teacher and asked where my room was.

" Take those stairs up to the third floor, there will be a long hallway to your right. At the end is your homeroom. " I thanked her and made my way up the stairs along with a sea of other kids. I stopped at the third floor and was met with two hallways. I turned to my right and started walking, I only made it about 5 steps before I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I quickly said, not realizing who it was I had just bumped into.

"Adie! It seems like bumping into each other is our greeting." That voice sounded familiar, it was Jesse. I looked up and laughed now knowing who it was.

"I thought I had bumped into a bitchy cheerleader or something, knowing my luck." I said, brushing my now messed up fringe out of my face. He laughed.

"I look like a bitchy cheerleader?"

"Eh, just grow your hair out a little longer."

We both chuckled. "I'd better get to class, don't want to have a crappy first impression." I said, with a friendly half grin. He nodded.

"Yeah, me too. I hope to see you around Adie."  He said, waving me goodbye and heading off in the other direction. I continued down the hallway and reached its end. I found my room, and entered the lightly shaded wooden door. There sat five other kids, basically half asleep. The teacher noticed my presence and quickly grabbed her note pad at the end of her desk. She looked up at me.

"Are you Adeline?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded and she put the notepad back down. I took a seat in the back of the class. The teacher got up almost instantly.

"My name is Mrs.Feildsman and this is your most important class. I'm here to teach you the basics of everything you missed." The class rose their tired heads from their desks. Let the year begin.