3

I have not spoken to Katerina after the night she has told me about her union with Lord Niklaus. That was weeks ago. Lately Lord Niklaus has been acting strange, well stranger then usual, but I took no mind of it. And Rebekah has seemed to have disappeared. Elijah has told me she went off to visit family friends in Ireland.

-

I ran laughing as I slowed down.

"You were meant to catch me." I said to Elijah breathless.

"If I catch you then the game would be over." I lightly sigh.

"Thank you for entertaining me." I thanked him.

"You looked lonely inside, I took pity on you." I chuckled as he followed as I sat down on a bench.

"Is Katerina happy with Lord Niklaus after the union?" I have asked Elijah.

"Yes, it appears she does." He told me. I felt my already broken heart break even more.

"Well, he's a charming man. Hard for any woman to resist I suppose." I said. "I do not know why he decided to court her when it appears he does not even care about her."

"The union was built on a lot less." Elijah has said sitting down beside me. I sigh.

"I know. But is it bad that I want her to have more?" I asked him.

"What about you?" He asked.

"What of me?"

"What do you want more in life?" He asked me. I sighed looking away for a moment before looking back at him.

"Love. I had it...then lost it. True love isn't real unless it is returned. Do you agree?" I asked him.

"I do not believe in love. Natalia." He told me. I lightly shook my head.

"That is too sad for me to accept my lord. Life is too cruel, if we cease to believe in love why would we want to live?" He smiled fondly at me.

"Perhaps." he muttered.

"What do we interrupt?" Elijah and I stood up looking over at Lord Niklaus and Katerina walking over. I saw her glance between Elijah and I.

"Nothing brother. I just thought it best if Natalia got some fresh air. She's been looking a bit pale lately." Elijah lied.

Katerina looked at me worriedly.

"Are you ill?" She asked.

"I am fine Katerina." I assured her. She looked uncertain. "Is it alright if we head in now?" I asked Elijah.

"Of course." He said. "Shall we." He said gesturing forward. I began walking towards their home alongside Elijah.

Third Person POV

Klaus stood there staring into the fire just as Elijah entered the room.

"The full moon is tomorrow, brother." Klaus stated. "After all these centuries it's finally time."

"I happen to see the witches, they believe they may have found a way to spare the doppelgänger." Elijah told his brother.

"What does it matter if she lives or not?" Klaus asks his older brother. "She is a means to an end." He said simply looking back into the fire.

"So she should die for your gain?" Elijah asked trying to not appear that he cares for the doppelgänger. Klaus lightly smirks.

"She is human a life means nothing." Klaus replied nonchalantly.

"And what of Natalia?" Elijah asked looking at his brother.

"She's also human. She would be a good snack for after the ritual."

"I beg you to reconsider this." Elijah said stepping towards his brother. Klaus tears his gaze away from the fireplace and to his brother. He pushes off of the wall and walks towards Elijah.

"You wouldn't be as foolish to care for her."

"Of course not." Elijah lied. Klaus steps closer to his brother.

"Love is a vampires greatest weakness and we are not weak." He tells his older brother. "Elijah...we do not feel and we do not care." Elijah looks at his brother in the eyes with a sorrowful look.

"We did once." He whispered.

"Too many life times ago to matter. Tell the witches not to bother. The sacrifice will happen as planned." That was the last thing Klaus said before leaving Elijah alone in the room.

_______________
Vote/Comment