Chapter 1: Inception

Second Person P.O.V

Every person in this world makes mistakes, has their own struggles, and even regrets things in their pasts. But the important thing to remember is that we are not our mistakes, we are not our struggles, and we are here now with the power to shape our days and our future.

Letting something like the past go was never an easy thing for you. It's not easy for anyone. You were never a vengeful person, until the day, six years ago, when everything changed. Something happened that turned your world upside down and you've never been the same since. You were only fifteen-years-old at the time with such a promising future that was shattered to pieces within a matter of minutes.

You grew up in Ishgar in the country of Sin. There's a dark secret that resides in that territory, but no one knows about it because the Magic Council kept you quiet. They gave you an official independent wizard emblem that told people that you worked alone, but were approved by the council.

For the past six years while living in Fiore, you've been able to make quite a name for yourself. As the first person to become a certified, independent wizard, you've attracted a lot of attention and, eventually, a lot of job requests. The hundreds of offers from guilds to join them was an everyday thing as well.

During your first four years in Earthland, you made a great living on your own, especially starting from scratch. But one day, while battling with one of the most powerful beings you had ever encountered, your magic energy overpowered your body and you were desperately in need of help.

You stumbled for miles until entering the East Forest of Magnolia where you were certain death would drag you away, but a miracle happened. An angry yet concerned miracle, but one nonetheless.

"Hey, I'm leaving for a job, so I'll probably see you tomorrow," you say as you make your way downstairs with your backpack slinged over your shoulder.

"(Y/N), you work everyday. I don't like laziness, but you could use a day off once in a while. Your magic energy will take over your body completely one day, and it will be your own fault," Porlyusica grumbles.

Yes. You got lucky that day nearly two whole years ago when you ran right into Earthland's best healer. She dragged you to her house and you never ended up leaving.

It's not that you didn't have the jewel to get your own place, because you had a lot from private clients, but Porlyusica grew attached to you the three weeks you were recovering and realized you were the only human she could get along with and she found it nice to have company. Besides, you didn't have a real place to stay considering you worked so much that you usually just slept in hotels or camped out in the woods.

"Don't worry about me. Why don't you go visit the guys at Fairy Tail? I remember you saying those lost guild members turned up a couple of months ago," you reply.

Porlyusica groans and mixes her latest medicine in the pot on the stove. "I'd rather not get involved with those troublemakers. The less I see of them, the better."

You laugh and roll your eyes, striding to the front door. "Whatever you say, but I can't skip this mission. He's actually a private client I picked up from Fairy Tail a few years ago and he sent an urgent request."

"Why does that not surprise me?" she mumbles.

"What do you mean?" you question.

"You taking all the clients, even from Fairy Tail who have been suffering."

You shake your head. "If I didn't take them, those Sabertooth bastards would have. And I've tried helping Fairy Tail for years, but they won't take the jewel. They're one of the only guilds who aren't all about the power and I've always respected that," you state.

"I know," Porlyusica sighs. "It's just a terrible sight to watch how much they have been tormented in these seven years."

You know she actually cares about Fairy Tail and you truly have offered your help many times. They were thankful for your gratitude, but couldn't disgrace themselves by accepting handouts. You visit them every once in a while when you pass through the outskirts of Magnolia and they welcome you with open arms.

"But it's probably better now since they have their best players back in the game. I'll even stop by their guild when I get a chance this week," you say, putting your hand on the front doorknob.

"All right. Stay safe," she responds. "I don't want to have to stop my work to heal you again."

You chuckle and continue on your way to the City Without Sound, which is ironic now that the town is flourishing with people, but is surrounded by mountains that block out any noises.

As you walk to the Hargeon train station (because it's closer than Magnolia's), you get a weird feeling in your gut like something big is going to happen. The last time you got this feeling... well, let's just say it didn't turn out good for anyone.

✼ ✼ ✼

You stretch your arms as you hike through the mountainous region after getting off the train in the closest town next to the City Without Sound since trains can't get that far. The feeling in your gut hasn't subsided much, but you decide to ignore it and continue to your destination. You've never let a client down, and you won't start now.

The air is breezy with the sun shining high in the sky. You know the rocks and gravel below your feet are probably roasting under the sun rays. As you're taking in the sight, you feel your mind drifting off from the request to a much darker topic you'd rather not think about.

You have been keeping yourself busy for six long years, training, fighting, becoming one of the strongest wizards in all of Earthland. You were even offered a spot as one of the ten wizards saints, but you knew you could never accept something like that until you completed your life mission.

People have literally called you a saint before and you always laughed because you knew you were so very, very far from a real saint. The things you've done and hardships of your past would make those people cower in fear. You've been trying to right those wrongs since moving to Fiore, but you know nothing you do would be able to make up for your past, except for one thing, and that one thing is the only way you can ever let go.

Unfortunately, that one thing is so far out of reach that you would have a better chance at putting the moon in your pocket. You've been researching and trying for so many years to only come up empty every time. A small part of you never wants to find that thing because you feel like you deserve to suffer and live in the past until death.

You're brought out of your consuming thoughts as you raise your head and see one of the biggest monsters you've ever laid eyes on. It resembles a giant-sized tortoise with razor sharp teeth and you nearly lose your composure when it begins sprinting in your direction at a rapid pace.

You roll your eyes and fasten your bag around your body as you get into a fighting stance. Just as you go to take one step toward the beast, a huge flash of light blinds your right eye for a moment before it takes the form of a person. A very tall, muscular and handsome person.

You lock eyes with said person and stare at each other for a fraction of a second before the two of you simultaniously ask, "What are you doing?"

A/N: Yes, my darling Laxus is the subject of my next fanfic. I'm not sure how long the story will be, but we'll see what happens.

Anyway, what do you think so far?!