Chapter 11: Day One

July 1, X791

Your P.O.V

You met up with Crime Sorciere this morning to report nothing out of the ordinary. It seems that whatever was related to Zeref in the past games hasn't resurfaced... yet.

You're now walking to the arena with Evergreen while Bickslow and Freed take up the rear.

"This is exciting. I hope they all made it," Evergreen says.

"They've worked too hard to lose before it even starts," you reply.

You lead them into the arena and through the stands to the Fairy Tail balcony. You say your hello's and greet each of them before the first day officially starts.

"I need to get to work, so I'll see you guys around," you say, waltzing away from the balcony and disappearing in to the crowd of fans. You're stopped a few times for autographs as you look for a better seat that overlooks the arena.

"In eighth place, Team Fairy Tail A!" Mato announces and you smile as they walk out. The crowd boos and you resist glaring at everyone as you stand guard at one of the stadiums' entrances.

Mato continues announcing the guilds in order from Quatro Cerberus, Mermaid Heel, Blue Pegasus, and Lamia Scale, then...

"Team Raven Tail!"

Your eyes widen and your breath hitches in your throat. You run over to the edge of the railing and look down at the field where, surely enough, Raven Tail enters on to the field.

No. How the hell could this happen?!

You look around and see none other than Ivan Dreyar sitting like a stone statute in the stands. You immediately take off toward Fairy Tail's balcony to see Makarov seething with anger.

"(Y/N), did you know about this?!" he demands angrily.

"No! I was going to ask you the same question," you rush leaning over the rock railing next to him.

The commentators announce that Raven Tail has been admitted as a legal guild and the grip you have on the railing begins to crack the rock.

"(Y/N), let go! You're going to break it!" Evergreen scolds, prying your hands away.

You close your eyes as your breathing becomes erratic with rage. You worked so hard to put that scumbag away, and here he in walking back in to your life with his new team. The Thunder God Tribe circle you as dark magic radiates from your body and you can't stop it.

"(Y/N), please come down," Evergreen whispers. "Think about Laxus." The sound of his name causes your muscles to instantly relax and your fists to unclench. Laxus. "Look, here he comes."

You slowly open your eyes and turn around to the stadium. Team Fairy Tail B is entering the arena and you ignore the shocked expressions of Fairy Tail as you gaze down at Laxus, your attention solely focused on him and only him.

The other Fairy Tail team immediately approaches them and they get in to a scuffle of who's going to win. Laxus snaps his eyes straight to yours and he instantly knows something is wrong, and by the sight of Raven Tail, it doesn't take a genius to guess.

He sends you a small nod that says he'll talk to you when he gets a chance and you nod back. It seems that the other team has taken notice of Mystogan (or Jellal) and Laxus quickly covers for him.

The teams soon go to their personal balconies and you lean over the edge of Fairy Tail's until the first event starts called Hidden where participants will be sent to different locations in town filled with clones of their competitors.