Seven

Seven

(Back to Taylor's POV)

Everything was dark and quiet, and muffled sounds gradually became more prominent, along with the pounding in my head. I slowly opened my eyes and heard Mark shuffling around the room. I didn't want to get up, but I knew I would need medicine for my headache, plus I was thirsty. Conveniently, there was already a bottle of pills and a water bottle next to me on my desk. Mark must have done that this morning or last night.

"Good morning," Mark smiled when I finally convinced myself to sit up and take medicine.

"I wouldn't call it that," I commented before swallowing a pill and taking a long drink of water.

"So I was right to guess that you'd have a hangover?" he wondered.

"Yeah, I don't drink that often so I'm not used to this. How do you feel?"

"I'm good."

"You're good? What do you mean, you're good?" I questioned him, my eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't really get hangovers. I was just slightly tipsy, anyways. It takes a lot for me to get seriously drunk," Mark explained, and I suddenly felt very jealous. I considered being sassy, but ultimately decided against it. Instead, I stayed quiet as I ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, showered, and got dressed. It wasn't until I had been through my morning routine and relaxed for a bit that I spoke again.

"So, you remember everything from yesterday, right?" I hesitantly asked Mark as he looked through my movie selection.

"Yeah. What do you remember?"

"Everything up until some point when we were dancing like idiots. I don't remember what time of night it was, so I don't know if I did anything really stupid. I've actually never been significantly drunk before until last night," I confessed.

"Well, you didn't miss out on much. You were pretty drunk, so there was a lot of dancing and singing."

"Well, that's embarrassing, but I can deal with that. So, don't take this the wrong way - I'm not insinuating that I was expecting or wanting anything, but I have to check - nothing happened between us or anything, right?"

I was hoping for a somewhat quick and confident answer, but Mark hesitated and my mind went to a million different places. I shouldn't have had so much to drink. I shouldn't have trusted him. This whole thing has been a mistake! But then he answered the question, and I had to stop worrying and start listening.

"Not anything really serious, no."

"But, something did happen?" I waited a moment for him to reply once again. I wished he wasn't so reluctant to talk to me about this. I wanted to know what the hell had gone down!

"Yeah, you kind of kissed me." Oh.

"Kind of?"

"Well, not kind of. You kissed me. You made out with me, actually. After that I took away the rest of the bottle of alcohol you were drinking and we both basically came back here and went to sleep. Nothing else happened." Well, that's embarrassing. He probably knew now that in the back of my sober mind, I wanted to kiss him, and it just took alcohol for me to actually do it. But then again, maybe he just thought it was me being stupid while I was drunk, and maybe he wasn't looking into it at all. I couldn't be sure.

"Okay. So...you let me make out with you? I mean, were you drunk enough to actually kiss me back?" I chuckled a little bit, trying to make a joke out of the whole thing so he wouldn't think too much into it.