(Springtrap/Reader) Lone Ranger

--
Springtrap x Cat Animatronic!Reader

A b-day gift for an IRL friend! My version of Springtrap x Reader
Btw, I only do these for my versions of the animatronics. Sorry! I won't use other peoples characters.

My Springtrap is a lone ranger, keeps to himself a lot and is pretty quiet and stoic. He wears a large brimmed hat he stole from who-knows-where to cover his eyes. In my AU, he's the one that stopped purple guy and killed him on purpose. So now he keeps his burden to himself and doesn't usually talk to the other animatronics unless they talk to him first. He's intimidating and won't hesitate to call someone out for their bullshit. Will do anything to protect the people he's loyal too. No one knows (aside from reader in this fic!) that he's got Purple guy in 'im.

(basically my springtrap is pretty much a quiet cowboy dude lol)
-----

Springtrap was, all in all, pretty gross.

His outer suit had gone from a pale inviting yellow to a mouldy olive green, with mysterious maroon stains leaking out of the various holes in his metal. His movements were clunky and slow, probably due to his age. The top half of his right ear was missing, but that wasn't out of place considering his ragged state.

Springtrap smelled 'unique', to say the least. One of the main reasons he hadn't been removed from the premises yet was due to the fact no one could stand to be near him for more than 5 minutes. The mixture of burnt dust and a rotten sour stench that was all to reminiscent of a corpse was a bit hard on the nose.

Of course, it didn't bug you. Animatronics don't breathe, afterall!

You were really the only one Springtrap talked too. He would go out of his way to have a conversation with you, which, honestly, made you feel special. After a lot of prompting, he would take his hat off when alone with you, which only encouraged the feelings you may-or-may-not have for him.

As of now, you two were sitting on the stage. Both of you had your legs dangling over the edge. There was a comfortable silence in the darkness. Of course, it was night. The other animatronics were persistent in capturing the night guard, something which you never really felt the obligation to join in on. Springtrap seemed to understand your feelings, so this had become a nightly thing.

Your animatronic ears automatically swivelled towards Springtrap when he said your name.

"I really appreciate you bein' here, kitten."

The old animatronic rabbit had a lot of pet names for you. Pumpkin, sweetie, doll... 'Kitten' was just another one of them.

You liked those nicknames quite a bit.

"Why does a young pretty thing like you even spend time with the likes a' me?"

Springtrap's voice stuttered and jumped a lot. Sometimes he would take a while to finish a sentence from all the glitching, but it was a quirk you loved.

His statement though – You didn't get it.

"What do you mean?" You quirked your head to the side to accompany your sentence, portraying your confusion to the old bunny.

"Ah," Springtrap chuckled, his voice pretty clear for once, "I mean that there're better bunny's to be gettin' all buddy buddy with, rather than an old tattered an' battered rabbit like me."

This....was weird, you thought. Springtrap generally didn't like to show insecurity or weakness, even around you. Hearing about an apparent self-esteem issue was new and frankly, kind of confusing.

You didn't really know what to say so you just shuffled closer to him and placed your head on his shoulder. Or you tried at least. He was a fair bit taller than you, but he apparently appreciated your efforts, since he cast you a small and soft smile.

"I like you," You mumbled, "I like you a lot."

Your tone was quiet and kind of blank, leaving the meaning behind that 'like' to be pretty ambiguous. Springtrap squirmed closer to you though, his joints creaking with even the smallest of movements.

You turned your head up to look at Springtrap.

Springtrap angled his head down to look at you.

He moved his face closer and your noses touched.

"I like you too, kitten."

His cheek brushed against yours as he slumped down far enough to put his head on your shoulder in something of a half-hug.

"I like you a lot."

--
Sorry it's short and not very interesting! I just didn't have much of an idea.
Please leave a comment if you want to RQ someone! I'll do any animatronic, include the puppet, BB, the plushies and the nightmares!