Chapter 1

Run. Run. Run away from the ones who hurt you; that's what my life is. Running. Never stop running. When I was 13 my parents disappeared. Vanished. Leaving me and my 15 year old and brother, Brayden alone.

But that was 4 years ago. We never figured out what happened to our parents. We weren't allowed to ask. After they went missing, we went to live with our Aunt Grace. She was from the same fate as us. Mamorica.

The Mamorica are one of the five fates you could get. The is Salvent brave. Gretude is the truthful. Comora is the kind. Ioca the intelligent. And them there is me. The Mamorica. The weak ones. We are all called fractures. Not made for life. Well they need to prove it.

Brayden and I are both a year a part from class but since he flunked his classes. He is with me. Tomorrow is our last day of school for good. Tomorrow we get to take the gene tests. They show you where you belong. 95% get there original fate. If you don't get your original fate you are lucky cause you get to leave. Make a new. The fates me and Brayden want to get are Salvent.

Why would 2 Mamorica's want Salvent? Well, both of our parents were originally from there, but they transfered over here. I don't know why they did it. But that's where we fell like we belong. Of course I'm not that strong but I could grow stronger. Brayden is strong. Last year he had some training with the Salvent.

I don't belong in Mamorica anymore. I have a destiny. I have a reason to be here. I would rather go across the wall and fight the monsters than stay here. If I join the Salvent I can leave when ever I want to. A lot of men go out there. Many don't return. But the ones who do tell stories of monsters that are made of metal. But this isn't about them. Its about me. WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE !!