Someone Special (Chapter 46)

As Roman watched Melody walk down the aisle, she took his breath away at how beautiful she looked. Her wedding dress fit her perfectly, he wasn't surprised that she was wearing her necklace, she pretty much never took it off, it went perfectly with her wedding dress. She usually didn't wear make up or do anything with her hair, but she had really out done herself. She didn't have much make up on, but it was enough to make her face glow. Most of her hair was curled up in a bun, but there were a few strands of her hair that were curled that hung down her face. She had been looking around at the decorations and at all the people that showed up. When Melody locked eyes with him and smiled at him, he couldn't help but shed a few tears. He didn't really care who saw or what anyone thought about him shedding a few tears, he was about to be married to the love of his life. She looked absolutely beautiful, he wiped the tears from his eyes smiled at her, and took her hands as she stood across from him. It took all of the will power in him not to kiss her right then and there. The music ended as the pastor started the ceremony.

"Who gives this woman over to be married to this man?"

Melody's mom stepped up.

"I do, her mother."

"And who else gives this man to be married to this woman?"

Both of Roman's parents stepped up.

"We do, his parents."

"Great. Now before we exchange wedding rings and vows, I have a few verses from God's word that I believe would be fitting for this ceremony and for this beautiful couple."

The pastor looked through the Bible for the two different passages that he had picked out.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-10

"But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." - Mark 10:6-9

"Ok... Let's get down to why we are really here... To unite this couple in holy matrimony. Let's start with the exchanging of the rings and wedding vows. Melody, you get to go first."

Seth was in charge of the rings so he gave Melody Roman's ring and stepped back out of the way. Everyone was quiet as they listened to Melody speak. Melody put the ring on his finger towards the end of her wedding vow.

"Roman... I think at some point in their lives every girl imagines what the perfect wedding and what the perfect guy for them would be like. But as for me, I grew up without really knowing what love was and because of the doubts I had in myself... I guess I thought I would never find love. We've known each other for almost two years now, and we've been through so much. We've had good times and bad times. I think what people don't understand is that there is no such thing as a perfect relationship. Trust and communication are important in every relationship, but especially in marriage. We've had our struggles in the past, and I know we will have struggles in the future... Every couple does, but I have faith in you, and I have faith in God that we will get through all of our struggles together like we always have and I have faith... that our marriage will last until the day we take our last breath... You've done so much for me, you've saved me many times in more ways than one, you've been there for me... To love and protect me. You've shown me what love is, you've loved me more than anyone else, there is no one else I would rather spend my life with than you Roman... So... With this ring I don't just give you my love, but I trust you... With my heart and my soul... Forever."