21. October 28th// 11:33 PM-November 2nd//7:35 AM

Ella's Perspective

I jumped again, this time slightly gasping as he quickly sat down next to me at the bar. I tried to keep my eyes on the table. Hell, I tried to keep my eyes anywhere but in his direction. But I couldn't help myself as I slowly looked over towards the short, funny looking man.

He was already staring at me.

" Hello, Ella. "

I raised a eyebrow. How did he know me? I've never seen him before.

" Hello? " I turned away. All of the anxiety was now gone in a instant. It was anticlimactic, but I was okay with anti climatic.

" You better watch your back. " he laughed wickedly as I slowly looked back to him.

" What are you talking about? " he seemed shocked.

" I'm surprised. I thought you'd be intimidated... " I laughed and took another gulp of whiskey.

" I've looked the devil in the eyes and spit in his face. You're a 5 ''4 man with hair gel. I don't deny your power, and I don't deny your rightful position of blowing my brains out but... " I smirked at him. " I'm not intimidated. " I was good at putting on a convincing show. In reality I was wondering if I'd be facing a gun. Not to mention, in reality I was actually terrified.

He nodded.

" Good. But just keep in mind, friend. " he put his hand on my shoulder. " I know someone who deeply misses you. " he started laughing crazily. " and he's coming for you. " he finished his drink, then slammed it on the table, the glass shattered. No sign of pain besides from a lip bite. " see you then. " he smiled and walked out.

???

" Where are you going? " I laughed as Selina called out to me as I walked towards the front door.

" I have a job. "

" ...you're a millionaire. " I nodded.

" And? "

" ...And? Dude you don't have to work another day of your life. Why don't you stay home? " I shrugged.

" I don't have much better to do. See you later. " I waved towards her as she waved back at me. I walked out and shut the door behind me.

I could only sigh and take a few steps before my phone vibrated in my pocket.

" Please, I think you should reconsider. "

I stopped and shook in fear. As much as I tried to not seem like it, I was terrified. It was a unknown number and they'd been texting me every since the night I saw that man at the bar. My biggest fear was the idea that it was Edward texting me. That was the worst thing that could possibly happen.

I sighed, replied back and shoved my phone into my pocket.

" Leave me alone, I'm not meeting you anywhere, creep. I'll tell the police. "

My phone buzzed again. As soon as I saw the message my eyes widened. I put my phone back into my pocket without a second thought, petrified.

" The police don't scare me, See you soon darling. "

???

I walked into the GCPD with a small smile. Everyone I could see was in perfect formation, returning calls with one hand and investigating witnesses with the other. I was only gone for a few days, but I missed all of it dearly. The stress, the long hours, I didn't know why. But I missed it. It was my home.

I smiled as Jim Gordon immediately walked over to me.

" Miss me? " he showed a small smile as I donned a large smile.

" It's good to have you back so soon. " he sighed. " but, I've got bad news. You've got night shift. "

" Night shift? " he nodded.

" You can get the files you'll be working on later from Kristen. It's just all of the work that seems to be a bit more challenging, you're usually good at puzzles. " my smile twitched slightly. I didn't mind staying one bit, yet...

" Are you giving me Ed's work? " he sighed.

" ...I hate to admit it but, yes. With him gone you're now our best chance. With your memory and all... " I nodded.

" Got it. So what will I be doing for right now? " he thought for a moment, smiled, and put his hand on my shoulder.

" Go home. There's nothing else for you to do until ten tonight. " he started to walk away, but as I usually did, I followed him.

" I can't do it now? "

he sighed and turned around to look at me.

" Can't you just accept a day off? " he tried to turn away again, but I put my hand on his shoulder.

" No. Gotham needs saving and you know that--I'd like to be a part of the fight. " he turned around completely to look at me.

" It's too dangerous for you. I'm sorry. I can't let another innocent person die from my decisions. " and with that he walked away. I shook my head, tearing up as I walked out. At least I'll get to contribute later...

Edward's Perspective

I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror once more. Oswald insisted that contacts were the better choice but I still wasn't sure. I looked down at my green suit and ran my hands through my combed back hair. I looked like the side of me I wanted to block out. The more horrifying thing about it was that I now knew that in order to get back the person I once loved dearer than all life in itself,

this side of me was my only choice.

I jumped slightly as Oswald slapped his hand onto my shoulder. " Tonight's the night, my friend. How do you feel? " when I looked at him I searched for even the slightest hint of sympathy, maybe the kind that would let me stay home. But I nodded and exhaled slowly.

" Okay. I feel okay. " he chuckled and pat my shoulder twice again.

" Don't worry. She'll be back in your arms tonight before you even KNOW what happened! " I laughed with him that time. I was scared, more frightened really, but I loved Ella enough. And I knew in my heart that this had to be done.

.

.

.

Happy Valentines day everyone...