Enovement - the bittersweetness of arriving in the future

EPOLIGUE : A PAGE TAKEN FROM THE DIARY OF ELLA ROSELEND

Enovement. One of the 23 emotions people feel often, yet cannot explain. I feel this emotion often now a days. For the night Tom Doughty revealed his state Edward and I spent the night together once more. But today I would like to discuss with you, brand new journal, that day and everything that happened after words while I sit in the hallway of this hospital.

And basically, a lot changed that day.

Edward Nygma was determined a free man after Tom Doughty excused him of any charges. Saying that it made the both of them 'even' after admitting to harassing Edward earlier on. Edward lost his job at the GCPD, but it was okay. He was taken in by the Major Crimes Unit with no second thoughts.

Then, there was Kristen.

It was only a hour later when she told me what she was meaning to say when she saw before Tom walked in. Kristen left Gotham for good April of the next year, finding that she had received a better job opportunity and had found 'the best boyfriend ever.' His name was Jesse. And lucky for her, he was the best boyfriend ever.

He was the one even. They've been married for years now.

And then, we proceeded to spend the next two years visting each other each Christmas. We made traditions and rituals overtime.

Yet bittersweetly, we will not be spending today performing those rituals. Again, this is bittersweet for a reason. That reason being that today Kristen gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen. And I don't think I'll ever forget what I saw a few minutes ago.

I gasped as I walked into the hospital room, covering my mouth with one hand and clutching Ed's hand and with the other. Kristen smiled widely, laughing.

" You really were a bundle of trouble... " she told the child as I looked over her shoulder.

" Kristen... she's beautiful. " I chuckled with her. Ed smiled.

" Do you know what you're going to name her? " Ed asked eagerly. Kristen looked over to Jesse. Whom was also smiling.

" I think we have an idea... " Jesse put her hand on Kristen's shoulder.

" We decided to name her after her aunt... " I was confused for a second. I laughed.

" Who's...who's her aunt again? " Jesse and Kristen both chuckled.

" You, Ella... "

" Eleanor Ashley Eckent. That is what her name will be. " Jesse finished. I was speechless for a few moments, then I spoke.

" I... I don't know what to say... "

" We decided to name her after you because you were what brought Jesse and I together. If it wasn't for your support I would have never moved out of Gotham. I owe my life to you and we decided this was the best way to repay you... " Edward chuckled.

" Well, it was a excellent choice for a name... I think we can all agree... "

" Can I hold her? " I asked as Kristen nodded. I grinned even more as she handed me the newborn. " Hi there... " the baby chuckled and cooed in my direction as I spoke. " Ella... "

After a while I gave the baby back, and now here I am, waiting for all of this to finish up.

Edward stayed in to talk with the doctor. I came out here finding no need for myself.

Oh, and right, Edward and I...

We're engaged now.

" Ready to go? " Ed smiled at me as he came out from the room.

" Are we allowed to leave? " he nodded.

" Yeah. I already said goodbye for you. I was thinking Chinese? " I chuckled and stood.

" Hell yeah. "

...

PAGE CONTINUED : ten years later

There was something that I felt. Something that I never wrote down. Something that just told me that Edward and I wouldn't die together. That told me that Edward will evolve into something more. Not for the better. And I wasn't crazy, I had already seen the signs. The sudden bursts of anger, the things he said at night. And any other woman would try to stop it from happening, but I knew there was nothing I could do. Destiny could not be changed. Little did I know, I was right.

Edward Nygma is no longer Edward Nygma today in my day and age. Today, Edward Nygma, is

The Riddler.

Riddle him this, riddle him that, who's afraid of the big bad Gotham bat?

The End.