Sugawara - Mean

~you can only see black and white before you meet your soulmate~

this au is really overused, but it's still a pretty good concept, hope you enjoy!
-:-:-:-:-:-

(Flashback)

You flipped through another page of your book, half ignoring your chatterbox friend sitting on the floor below you.

"(Y/N)-chan, listen to me! It's our last day together and you're just going to ignore me?" Oikawa whined from the floor.

This was true, you were transferring in your last year of high school from Seijoh to Karasuno because of your father's new job, and this could very well be the last time you get to hang out with your very limited group of friends.

"I envy how easily she can block you out." Iwazumi bluntly stated.

"Hey! You shouldn't say that stuff about your soulmate, so mean Iwa-chan." Oikawa complained.

"Who says I can't?"

"Hey, shut it for a second." You stop the argument, both boys looking at you expectantly. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but Oikawa's right for once, what do you guys want to do?" you asked, determined to make the most of your last day.

"Ice cream on me!" Oikawa almost shouted, quickly recovering from his previous pouting face. Gosh, he can be so annoying sometimes!

You hated how mean you always sounded, even if it was just in your head. You just want to be a nicer person, but judgement and sarcasm like to take over your speech most of the time. You think it's because you haven't met your soulmate yet, and you're very hopeful that they can change you, or at least accept you for you. Maybe, just maybe...

-:-:-:-:-:-

The flashback ends as you're about to enter the school gates. You take a deep breath as you take a step onto Karasuno's school grounds, taking in everything around you: the giant school, the trees, everything you can, except colors. You didn't need to be reminded that you haven't met your soulmate yet.

You forget about the sights and think about other things: the smells, the sounds, the...squeaks? What the heck?

You follow the sound to a pair of gym doors. You open them, cautiously, to see a team of boys playing volleyball, serving back and forth. You walk in, mesmerized by the constant back and forth of the balls over the net, until someone disrupted your thoughts.

"HEY, WHO'S THAT?!" a boy with long, spiky hair yelled and pointed in your direction, drawing the attention of the entire team. Like moths drawn to a flame, they swarmed around you, asking you questions about what you were doing here, are you a new manager, what shampoo do you use, until a voice silenced them.

"Oi! What are you guys doing!" An intimidating voice overpowers the group of boys. You look over to see a tan, black haired male at the door."I leave for one minute and you decide to stop practice? 10 laps around the court! NOW!"

The boy turns to you. "Sorry about that, did you need something?" he asks.

"No, I was just interested by all the squeaking, and I kind of just-" you trailed off as another boy steps in.

He was cute, a little taller than you, with slightly messy hair, a little piece sticking up from the rest. He had a little beauty mark by his left eye, which made him look even more attractive.

"Daichi," his voice is... angelic,"is everything oka-" he stops as he makes eye-contact with you.

Suddenly, it's as if someone removed a filter from your eyes. Colors were all around you. You gasped at the same time as him. He's the one.

"D-did you f-feel that t-too?" he asked shakily.

"Y-yeah. So I g-guess we're..."

"Soulmates." You both answered in unison.

Daichi was confused at first, but quickly understood and smiled as he slapped the boy on the shoulders. "Suga, how about you skip today's practice. I think you have a lot of... catching up to do."

"R-really? Thank Daichi-San!" Suga said enthusiastically, instinctively grabbing your hand and rushing out of the gym. "Come with me, ...um."

"(L/N) (Y/N)." You finished his sentence.

-:-:-:-:-:-

You were on the rooftop of the school, chatting about everything you could think about, especially all the new colors. Your sarcastic and rude side showed, but he didn't seem to mind, but it bothered you each time you slipped out something mean. Finally, it got to be too much for you to just let it go.

"I-I'm sorry, Suga. I don't mean to hurt you, I just have a really awful personality. I just say the first thing that comes to mind, and I want to change but I don't know how." You sighed.

"(Y/N)-chan, it's okay. I'll help you if you want." He smiled, determined.

"Really? Arigato Suga!" you hugged him.

"On one condition- you can start calling me Koushi."

"Uh, Koushi? Was that the late bell?"

"GWAA! We gotta go!"

"Your sense of time is about as keen as- eh, gomen!"

"Don't mind, don't mind. It doesn't bother me." He smiled brightly. "I'll always love you no matter what.

"After all, you're the one who gave color to this dull world."

-:-:-:-:-:-
okay I'm not sure how good that was, I mean it wasn't complete trash, was it?

anyways, i hope you enjoyed it! remember to vote if you liked the story!

Instagram: hyperhiinata
Tumblr: dilisnotonphire