Kenma - Fire

You had spent most of the day with your boyfriend, Kenma, at his house playing video games and watching movies. You were currently curled up next to him late at night watching a movie about soulmates.

Kenma shifted next to you so he could look you straight in the eyes. He kept a calm demeanor, but his eyes were lit with tamed curiosity.

"Do you believe in soulmates?"

You thought about it a little bit. "No. I believe you have a choice in who you love, and that you can have feelings for different people as time goes on. That's just how humans work. You can hide emotions, but there's not really a way to control them. You love who you love and that's how it goes."

He looked back at the screen, the little spark of curiosity reduced to ashes. "Oh, I see."

"But..."

You got his attention again, but his eyes showed no signs of light.

Not yet anyways.

"Out of all the places I could've been and all the people I could've seen, I can't express how thankful I am to have my heart choose you."

With those words you created a flame. A fire that started in his eyes and spread through his veins, connecting his mind and body to one thought.

You saved him from this cold, lonely world. You are the match that struck beneath him, letting him thrive. You are the one who gave him a new purpose, a new meaning.

You.

-:-:-:-:-:-
this is really short but i liked the idea so i thought hey why not. it's been a reaaaaally long time since I've written, sorry for the late updates. i hate saying this because it's such a cliche excuse, but school has been getting to me lately, and im such a procrastinator that I dig myself a hole and fail to jump out. hopefully updates will be more frequent when summer roles around, but im not going on hiatus!

also, i really need requests because i get writers block a lot, and it's always fun to take someone else's ideas and bring them to life. if you have anything you'd like me to write, just pm me the character and the soulmate au you want and i'll get it done asap!

one more thing - 3.5k reads?! 150+ votes?! holy crap you guys that's incredible!

i hope you enjoyed it! remember to vote if you liked the story!

Instagram: hyperhiinata
Tumblr: dilisnotonphire