Several Athletes Vow To Avenge You

Instead of marching to bed and your Netflix subscription with an un-watched season of Orange is the New Black ready to go and a chocolate stash to binge large enough to impress a Roald Dahl character (after cleaning the ungodly mess of course), you find yourself somewhere much different.

Somewhere which is defiantly not your room.

The campus library is a large place, with stained glass windows depicting historical scenes from history, shelves higher than your expectations in men, and a silence that rings in your ears that you crave after the debut Thor displayed to your new-found friends. It isn't swimming with people; after running inside, all you've seen are two girls whispering between the political history section and astronomy section, and a librarian who quietly introduced herself as Ms Friday.

For this you're glad. If there were masses of people, you're sure that was no way for sure of you getting away with rushing to the fiction side of the floor to ceiling shelves to scale the ladder.

"Could you grab The Great Gatsby while you're up there?"

You jump what seems a mile and clutch the ladder for dear life. Glancing down, you internally cuss and dance all at once. It's Loki - and today, his eyes are wide and earnest.

"Oh," you hiss, gripping the ladder. "You scared me!" You accuse him.

Loki nods. "I guess I have an unconscious flair for the dramatic."

Trying to get your footing once more, you nod. "You think?" You wonder, and spotting the book you wanted, asked softly, "Loki, why are you here?"

He gestures to the shelves. "I fancied to spend my time off reading, so I came here. It so happens you lead the way after my idiot brother hurt your feelings." Loki blinks, and takes the hint you're dropping. "You don't want me here? I can go if you want."

You reach up and snatch the requested book from the placement.

"It's not that. I just wanted time to fume." you reveal, and drop the book into his arms. "It's not everyday my boyfriend decides to ignore me for nearly three months and out of the blue call me out on sleeping around. It's not like that happens a lot. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've never even been with anyone!" you gush.

"Shhh," Ms Friday cautioned, peering over a shelf to intervene. "It's a library, not a theater."

Loki and you still.

The library seems ever so deadly silent, as if everyone who's dwelling in it has caught their breath to hear more about your messy life.

"Did I honestly just admit that to you?" you whisper.

He nods. You can't tell from this height if he's judging, or sad, or maybe even finding what you just said to him amusing. Hesitatingly, you retreat the ladder to Loki, dreading what could come next. Ridicule. Unlimited questions.

"Don't apologise," Loki lays a hand on your fingers, on the hand that's empty of a book you began searching for in the first place. "I understand the difficulties of relationships ... and relationships with my brother. It's no fact to be ashamed of, _______."

You quietly chuckle, and not as if Loki had just told the joke of the year. "Tell that to society," you huff, hugging your chest. All you wanted was a good read, and now your life seems like it's the half a minute epilogue after an episode of F. R. I. E. N. D. S., where its unbelievably awkward and in your opinion, needed to end half a minute earlier. "Why are you here, Loki?"

He lifts his copy of The Great Gatsby in gesticulation. "To read -,"

You cut him off, and gently shove him to the book shelf which houses the How to Fold Origami series. "Why are you really here for? Why did you appear at my date? Why are you so ... so ... freaking charming? Why have you suddenly appeared and made my life -,"