Epilogue

Unlike in story books, real life has no ending to narratives. It just keeps going on and on, until, well, either death or disinterest. All it took was for your cheating ex-boyfriend's brother to come in his stead, an envious lover pitting against you, and a band of friends to get here. It feels like ages, but then again, time is arbitrary. It didn't take long to fall for the younger brother, but, it was him who opened your eyes to everything.

It had been a week since the fight in the main library. You've been since on probation, having to stay away from trouble and everyone else. You're lucky – most of the football team are losing the credit them being on the team lends, or, their position on the team. Fandral has narrowly escaped academic expulsion, his family lawyer descending at the last minute to scoop him up and transfer him halfway across the country.

While you'd like him to be brought to justice, you're just as glad it's all over. That he's gone, and you can finally begin to truly focus on your degree (and your new boyfriend). It's awkward, to say the least, that you're seeing Thor still, but since he and Jane have been together, you can't see any of the negative features he used to broadcast. They're good together; she's good for him.

"You're daydreaming again," his breath is hot against your neck.

You glance to Loki. You're sitting on the couch while Clint and Vision play Mario Kart in Nat's dorm, and while she's flipping through her textbooks with Wanda, you're supposed to be cheering for Clint's losing streak.

"Huh?" you breath.

He chuckles. "I love you," he breathes, nudging your face with his nose, kissing your cheek. "How did I get so lucky to be with you?"

You lay your head upon his shoulder. "Well," you begin, watching as Vision zooms ahead, playing as Yoshi, "It began at a restaurant, and we ate agnolotti..."

La fin.