3) Happy Birthday Brother

Ft. Amelia Davis

Lily's POV
I'd been at the Malfoy Mansion for nearly two months and was only just getting a grip on the extensive layout of the house. This morning, while nervously waiting for the Death Eaters, including Draco, to return from taking the Ministry, I had found the music room of the house. It was strange I'd found it at all, the hallway it resided in being dark and dank, clearly unused. When I opened the door all I could see was the outline of large objects under white dusty cloths and a stale stillness in the air.

Glancing back into the corridor to check I was alone, I slipped inside the room, closing the door. Heavy dark drapes covered the only window and a cloud of dust and fluff fell around me as I yanked them open, the dim sunlight covered by ever constant clouds filtering into the room. A tall object stood near the window and I carefully removed the cover, revealing a glistening golden harp. The other was revealed to be a sleek piano, not a spec of dust on the ivory keys, both were in exceptional condition though neither appeared to be used.

A noise outside made me cover the magnificent instruments again and tip-toe to the door. Thanking Merlin it didn't creak when it opened, I poked my head into the corridor to find it just as deserted and foreboding as before. It was the faintest sound, I almost missed it but the sound of a baby crying became clearer. The feeble screeches were strange to hear in the huge silent wing but natural instinct drew me towards the sound. Stepping forward my foot creaked under a floorboard and somewhere down the hall, a door slammed, causing me to jump.

There was a loud crack, signalling the return of the others. My response was flight, getting away from the strange noises of the West Wing. Entering the dining room, Draco and Lucius were waiting in the dining room. We locked eyes, silently assessing whether the other was alright and unharmed.

"It's time to go," Lucius instructed curtly, turning on his heel with his nose in the air. "The Ministry protection spells have been removed leaving Potter open for us."

Draco grabbed my hand and we exited the Manor, apparating straight to the Burrow once we were out the gates. The once surely splendid wedding was now up in flames and a chaos of people running and screaming in fear for their lives. Sharp cracks echoed through the air as guests apparated out, bright lights of hexes being sent around the crowded space.

Draco never let go of my hand as I waved my wand a few times, not really seeing what I was doing as I craned my neck to catch sight of my brother or the others. Ginny, dressed in a gorgeous short golden bridesmaid dress, was battling Margaret Bulstrode who had an evil glint in her narrow eyes. Suddenly, Bulstrode went flying back and crashed into a table of neatly stacked glassware, Draco lowering his wand from his stunning spell. I watched as George wrapped Emmaline up in his arms and apparated out of here, both their eyes finding mine as they disappeared.

Finally, I spotted the trio, sneaking around the back of the tent. Harry's eyes caught mine, their green tint sparkling with concern in the darkness, concern for me, for Ginny, for his family. They too apparated.

The tent was barely standing now and Draco grabbed me, running us out into the clear night air as Death Eaters duelled, a few dead bodies littering the area. For the time being, everyone was distracted and that's when Draco turned me to face him. "Did you see what Hermione said?"

"What?" My eyebrows knitted together. No, I had been too busy watching Harry.

"Hawkesbury Avenue, does that mean anything to you?" Pausing, I thought for a moment, recognising the name. Where had I heard that before? Snatching his wrist, I apparated us to the busy London street. The sidewalk was bustling with people and you had to be careful not to get pushed onto the road in front of traffic. "Lil, where are we?!"