5) You're Forgetting Who Your Sister Is

Harry's POV

The forest was still, the dying light casting a blue, surreal look over the trees and Ron was gone. Just like that, the red haze Lily often said she got when she was angry had clouded my vision and then when it had gone, Ron had gone too. Hermione had cried all night but even if her heartbroken sobs hadn't been keeping me awake I wouldn't have slept.

Hermione hadn't spoken since, not even when she'd apparated us to a new spot, after tieing her scarf around a tree to let Ron know they'd left. I'd just finished the protective charms and was staring out at the trees but my mind was elsewhere on two certain red-haired women who were always causing me so much trouble. God, I missed Ginny. I missed her straight, long hair that felt like silk between my fingers, her freckles, cute button nose, her deep brown eyes that shine with such an enthusiastic light, her funny, kind loving attitude, the days we'd spend alone together, I missed it all. I hadn't heard much of her or the rest of the Weasley's, only what Lily had said about her being safe after the wedding and about how she, Neville and Luna had tried to steal Godric Gryffindor's sword from a passing group of travellers, consisting of Griphook, Ted Tonks and Dean Thomas. But we did not reveal ourselves to them.

And Lily, I was beginning to worry about her until Dobby and Kreacher returned with Fletcher at Grimmauld Place saying how she had helped them escape from Death Eaters. All the same, it can't be easy for her, or Draco, to be behind enemy lines, closing off their minds and emotions to survive in such an awful place surrounded by people you can't trust. I'm not sure how her mentality was when she went into the snake pit but I don't doubt she'd be struggling to keep her head now. 

Hermione sat down beside me and elbowed me in the ribs, breaking me out of my daydream. "You alright Harry?"  She asked and I nodded in reply. "Let me guess, you're thinking about Ginny?"

"How'd you know?"  I started.

"You get a twinkle in your eye, every time you're looking at her, that's how I knew you liked her last year, so naturally I assume your thinking of her now. I also think you're mind is on another certain red head."

"Lily." I supplied her answer, looking away from my best friends curious gaze. 

"She'll be okay, Harry," She assured. "It's Lily, she always is . . . how do you feel about her engagement?"

I shrug, my mind hadn't really wrapped itself around that fact but the stunning emerald ring she had sported on her ring finger told the world. "It was only a matter of time." Is all I can manage but it makes me feel like a dickhead. "I mean, I don't really think I have a right to not like them being together, after everything that Lily and Draco have sacrificed for us, I'm not going to deny them this happiness by being unhappy with their choice." 

Hermione studied me for a moment. "That's really selfless and grown-up of you, Harry. I think Lily would be really proud of you too."

I looked back over the ridge. "Yeah, maybe."

"How could she not be?"

"Look at all the progress we're making out here in the middle of nowhere, hiding in woods, we haven't found a way to destroy the Horcruxes, we haven't figured out or found all the Horcruxes and Lily is stuck in Riddles grip!"

"You're forgetting who your sister is."

"I know who my sister is, she's Lily Potter, one of the names top of You-Know-Whos kill list!"

"No," She said firmly. "Lily Potter is one of the twins who escaped death at the age of one, she mastered wandless magic as a toddler, produced two corporeal Patronus' while almost unconscious at thirteen, survived and won the Triwizard Tournament, is a Mage, deceived the Dark Lord to spy for us, saved your life more times than I can count and managed to get Draco Malfoy to fall in love with her . . . She'll be fine."