The library theif

The library theif
There's someone stealing rare scientistic books from our library and setting up magical traps to replace them. We need your help to not only catch the theif, but make sure you find all the traps they have placed.

Reward: 1,000,000 jewels plus free book rental for life.

"Sounds kind of boring don't you think?" Natsu says as he leans against a pillar in the guild. I scoff at his statement. One, books are awesome! and two:

"It's an easy million jewels, how could you pass that up! Split between all of us that's still quiet a lot but hey, if you don't want to come I'll gladly take your share in it." I explain while gleefully prancing out of the guild to the library mentioned in the flyer.

"I'll come." Gray says, catching up to me, the rest of Team Natsu close behind. I smile happily as we all walk to the library.

When we enter I squeal excitedly as the smell of books fills my lungs. I rush over to one of the workers and they seem relived that someone finally came.

"Over the past month someone has stolen over 15 limited edition books on learning magical arts. We don't have any clues as to who the person is, but whenever they take a book, they leave a magic trap replacing it. People are afraid to come here since some have gotten hurt from a these traps. Please find them all and stop whoever is doing this!" The head of the library explains as we all get started.

"I'm gonna need a list of what books they took, approximately when, and any recordings you have of those days." I instruct the worker and they nod. After a few minutes the worker comes out and request that I follow her to the back. A monitor hangs on the wall and papers are nearly gathered on a sleek black desk beneath it.

The lady leaves me so I go sit on a swirly office chair and lean back, humming a song as I start to examine the tapes.

Hour pass and not one of the people in the tape has been in all the days the books disappeared so either the person is disguised as different people or multiple people are taking books.

Then I start to see a pattern. The same worker always takes a shift each of the days. They must be taking the books or allowing someone else to do it. I smile at my discovery and call in the head of the library. She seems shocked to find out one of her employees could potentially be doing this but happy I have a lead.

For now I head into the library to try and find some traps. I work on the same column as Gray on the opposite side. I start softly humming the same song as earlier while taking out some books and opening them one by one.

"I like that song." I can hear Gray say quietly from the other side of the shelf. "The one your humming."

"I didn't think you would know it." I reply, my voice barely above a whisper. He didn't seem like the type of person to listen to this type of music. (If your wondering why I'm not saying that the song is, it's because it will be in a future chapter so I want to keep it a surprise until then.)

"It's one of my favorites." He responds before pulling more books off the shelf. A few minutes later I hear him start to hum the song and after a few verses I quietly join in until the end. I chuckle a tiny bit as I move onto the next row of shelves.

The first book I open gets shot out of my hand by an ice spear. The book opens mid air and several ice spikes shoot out from it.