chapter 8

Charlotte picture

--------------------------------

Charlotte pov

I was shocked at my mother's story. That my dad didn't want me, my grandma was an alcoholic, my mother never knew her dad like me, I have uncles and maybe cousins. The description of my mother then didn't look like my mother now. Back then she was a tomboy with glasses but my mother now, she looked like she was the most popular girl at school with long sliky black hair, clear face, no glasses and awesome figure. The thing that hurt me the most is my dad didn't want me. Sorry, my name is Charlotte Ryder, my mother is Grace Ryder and my dad some bloke, my mother need to give me the name. In have dark brown hair, with black eyes. Im tough and as most people say I'm pretty. I'm mateless so I can date unmated men. Anyway, my mother started telling me the story when she was in another pack, how she almost lost me. I honestly feel sorry for her. My mother gets up and walk to a draw. She opens it and takes out a pair of glasses. She takes her contacts out and place them in the case then puts her glasses back on. She turns back too me.

"And tomorrow, hun, we have to go back. It's time for me to face my family again. Now go and hang with your friends "she said.

"Are you sure?"I asked cause I didn't want to leave her alone.

"Yes. Now go. I want you back by midnight"she said. I smiled and got up to hug her.

"Love you mum"I said.

"Love you too"she said. Then I let out, got my hang bag and went. I walked down the stairs and out the front door. I live in a apartment with mum. I walk across the road to see my friends waiting there. James, Olivia and Tyler.

"Took you long enough"said Olivia.

"Sorry, mum had something important to tell me"I said remembering the moment even through it was a couple of minutes ago.

"Ladies, let's go and may I say you look hot"said Tyler kissing me. Tyler is my boyfriend. We don't have mates yet. I always wonder what will happen to us when we do find them. Mates aren't set in stone, you can always reject them. People find other loves, and it goes from there.

I was wearing a off shoulder striped top with high waist jeans and boots. We get in the car and head to the party. My mother's story about her life and her mate still was in my head. I don't want that happening to me. I stared out of the window. My dad is out there, my uncles, grandma, granddad, great uncle, great aunt. All of them. Tomorrow, I'm going to meet my dad.

"Charlie, you ok?"asked Olivia.

"Yeah, I'm fine"I said. James put some music on. Everyone started singing but I didn't. I couldn't have fun when I was just told my mother's life. I didn't know what to do. Tyler wrapped his arm around me which I put my head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?"he whispered in my ear.

"I'm just worried about my mother and tomorrow. What if he doesn't want me?"I whispered back.

"Who wouldn't want an amazing girl like you?"he said. I smiled, kissing him on the cheek.

"Okay, love birds, get a room"said James, causing the whole car to laugh. Maybe this party will help get my mind off it, I'll worry about tomorrow, when it comes.