First Kiss

============================== Nico's POV ============================

             People say I finally was getting used to the idea of having people around. When had I ever not liked having people around! I love people! I just was more comfortable with the dead. That's all. They didn't ask you questions about your personal life, they just obeyed you without any questions at all. That's how I used to like it. But not anymore. Now I feel like a bird that just learned how to fly. I can socialize without people whispering about me in the background. I can have friends who I know really care about me. I can have lovers who I know really care about me...

- Flashback - Hades Cabin - Yesterday -

               I was sitting at the foot of my bed, the only one in my cabin. I saw Will Solace walk up to my cabin's half open door. He knocked twice then allowed himself in, stepping over the piles of dirty laundry and other miscellaneous stuff that coated the floor.

               Will gave a small smile. "Nico."

               "Will."

               "What are you doing, all alone? You should be hanging out with your friends! You do have friends you know, or at least people who want to be your friends..."

               "I know Will. It's just hard to get used to all the sounds and there are so many things happening all at once. I just feel like I'm being slowly compressed. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here, but I have to keep assuring myself that I do belong. That I have friends."

               "That's the spirit! Come I want to show you something."

               Will grabbed my hand and pulled me up off the floor and out into the bright sunshine. It was a bit to bright for me, but Will seemed to think it was the perfect weather as he guided me into the woods, right above the circle of cabins. We ran towards the river, going steeply upwards as we did so. He led me to a rock outcropping that had a nice view of the river that usually marked the boundary line in Capture-the-Flag. It was then that I realized that we had held hands the whole way. I let go of his hand as we sat down. He was looking forward towards the water.

               "Nico, have you ever kind of thought that you loved someone, but you were too afraid to say it out loud?"

               I thought of Percy. "Yeah."

               "What did you do? I mean it feels like some kind of force inside of me that wants to get out. I want to let it out but I don't know how." He turned to face me.

               "Just embrace it, Will. Let it escape and let it lead you on whichever path it takes you on. It worked for me. It may be disappointing, but you will eventually get over the disappointments. Trust in it. It will guide you right."

               "Nico, this is where it guides me."

               He leaned in.

- End of Flashback -

               I really do like Will. Seriously! But I don't know if I'm ready for this kind of relationship yet. But like I said, you have to trust in that force inside of you and let it guide you, no matter where it takes you.