Wrenches and Rockbell

"Too bad that's not the end of it." Ed said moving to lean against the wall again. "Nina was taken by the military. To become a lab experiment. I couldn't et that happen so I stopped the van with alchemy. We followed her as she ran..." His fists clenched tighter.

"And?" Toshiro asked, his own voice shaking slightly.

"We found her dead." Al spoke up for his brother. "She was exploded onto the wall of an alleyway." The younger Elric's voice shook, like he was crying at the thought of seeing the poor four year old combined into a chimera before being killed.

"It was identical to the way Scar kills..." Ed finished, bangs covering his hurt eyes once again.

"Scar, killed her?" Rukia asked, her voice shaking.

"Exactly." He mutters. "That's why we have to catch him. To prevent him from killing anyone else."

"We'll help you then." Toshiro and Rukia said together without hesitation.

"No." Ed growled.

"Don't argue. We have made up our minds." Toshiro told the fifteen year old sternly.

"It is equivalent exchange Brother." Al said. It was the way of an alchemist. What is taken must be given. Sighing, Ed stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned around.

"You can help on one condition."

"And what is that?" The captain asked, knowing what the young alchemist might say.

"You see Scar, you turn and run."

"We can't do that." Toshiro said.

"You fool, we said we would help you and that's what we're going to do."

"Then you can't help. I'm not about to let you two get killed."

"You imbecile!" She growls. "Bakudo number one, Sai!" She says lowly, using her Kido as an example of their power. Ed's arms then get yanked behind his back, as he face plants into the ground.

"Ow! What the hell is this!?"

"Brother!" Al cried, fearing Rukia would do the same to him.

"It's called Kido." Toshiro said with a sigh. "I've tried to tell you about it already."

"Like we keep trying to tell you, we are not useless!" Rukia protested.

"We never said you were useless! we just don't want you to get hurt is all!" Al said waving his hands in front of him wildly.

"We can help!" Rukia demanded, wanting them to let them help.

"Would you let me go already!?" Ed yelled, ignoring Rukia's plea's and demands.

"Brother, I really do think we should accept their help." Al tried.

"Even without our Zanpakto, we can still help you greatly." Toshiro said, voice hard and just as demanding as Rukia.

"I'm not agreeing to anything until I'm standing on my feet!" Ed yelled again, struggling against the binds. Rukia sighs, releasing the blond to stand and rub his flesh shoulder.

"Ow!" Al then elbow's his older brother lightly, clanking as he did so before looking at the two soul reapers. Sighing, Ed turned to them while crossing his arms.

"We're leaving tomorrow so you better be ready by then. Otherwise, you're staying here." He explains briefly, making the two nod before flash stepping to their room in the hospital. "What the-!? How the hell did they do that!?" Ed cried, a finger pointing where they had once stood and his jaw nearly touching the ground.

"I think it's the flash step they were talking about Brother." Al guesses.

"Let's just go!" He said, running towards the hospital, a frantic Ross apologizing that they had disappeared. The Elric's had then explained what the two had called it, only confusing her more. Ed sighs, asking the Lieutenant to call Hughes, asking Winry to come to the hospital. They quickly bolt up the stairs, to the room the soul reapers were in.

"Okay, I can't wrap my head around how the hell you did that!" Ed cries as he slams the door open.

The two had already changed back into their clothing, Toshiro turning around with a raised eyebrow.

"Hmm?"

"How'd you get from that alleyway to here in less than thirty seconds! It's humanly impossible!"

"It's called flash step." Rukia says, straightening out her clothing.

"That doesn't help at all!" He cries, as another female voice rings through the hospital hallway.

"Edward!"

"Oh no.." Ed said somewhat frightful as the door flies open, a wrench spinning and hitting him in the forehead.

"Don't tell me you broke your automail again!!" A girl with long blond hair pulled into a ponytail yelled as she walked in. Two strands of her hair fell on either side of her face, ferocity filling her eyes.

"Winry!" Ed yells, sitting up from his place now on the floor. "What the hell!? Are you trying to kill me!?"

"There's always a reason you call me and it's usually because you broke your automail!"

"It's not broken!" The two shinigami watch, dumbfounded looks on their faces.

"The why am I here!?"

"So you could pack idiot! We're leaving tomorrow!"

"Really!?" She asks sparkling.

"Yeah really!" Ed yells, standing up, anger clear on his face.

"He he... oops~..." Winry said sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head with a nervous grin.

"Big oops Winry! Think before you throw the wrench I BOUGHT YOU!!" Ed screeched.

"Don't yell at me! Have you met you!?" Winry countered back, hands on her hips.

"Sorry.." Al sighs from beside the two soul reapers, watching as Ed and Winry go at it again. "They're always like that..."

"How do you deal with it?" Rukia asked quietly.

"I don't even know..." Al sighed again.

"Maybe I shouldn't take you!" Ed finally yelled.

"No! Edward don't be rash!" Winry cried, fake tears falling down her face.

"Be rash!? You threw the wrench I bought you at me! Again for that matter!"

"Where is it that we are going?" Toshiro asked, making Winry gasp slightly and look over at them.

"Oh hey!" The blond girl says grinning. "You're both awake!" As she waves slightly, the door flies open again, a man with black hair and glasses walks in, raising his hand in front of him.

"Yo!" He says, grinning at them.

"This isn't a party hall Hughes!"

"Relax Ed." Hughes said. " I wasn't assigned to the last Scar attack so I thought I would stop by and see of you were alright."

"Why?"

"Well you wanted Winry. I assumed your automail broke."

"Why does everyone think that!?" He cries, Toshiro clearing his throat and earning the attention of Hughes.

"Awwww~!" The Lieutenant Colonel cooed. "You two are so cute~!" He then wraps his arms around the two's shoulders, picking them up off the ground. Both of the short soul reapers faces go shocked before darkening with annoyance.

"Hughes!" Ed cried, clenching his fists.

"You two are so cute~!" Lieutenant Colonel Hughes cooed again.

Hughes!" Ed tried again.

"You just have to come meet my daughter~! She would love to meet you two~!"

"HUGHES!!" Ed roared.