Chapter 7

Astria's PoV
On Monday morning I drove to school. I dropped Vlad at the end of Nate's road and continued to nod along to whatever Arian was saying. Something about a hot slayer and how annoying he was. I didn't tell her how obsessed she sounded, like a fangirl. I think I'm becoming a bit of a fangirl. I flew through the first three Harry Potter books that Jet gave me and can barely wait for the fourth. My favourite character is Draco I think. He reminds me of me. I totally ship him and Harry. Hell this sounds bad.

I left Arian at her locker (still mumbling about the hot-annoying slayer dude) and went to my own. Jet was waiting for me with the fourth and fifth books. I beamed at him. "Mornin Azzie" I laughed. Azzie. That was a ridiculous nickname but whatever. I don't mind Jet saying it. I put the books in my locker while blabbering on about the books (I'm not obsessed I promise) when he nudged me. He pointed in the direction of Vlad and Nate who were talking with huge smiles on their faces. I sighed happily.  "I haven't seen Vlad this happy in centuries" I said without thinking. Will laughed "Centuries? What are ye vampires?" I froze and flustered "NO! I mean....ugh you know what I mean" Jet looked at me for a second and then said "they're coming over! Pretend we weren't watching"  We went into a spiel about what a drama queen Sirius Black is (vampire promises mean nothing).

The happy couple walk up to us with the air of having to tell something. Nate begins talking casually and then says casually; "What do you guys think about introducing Vlad to my parents?" He looks more nervous now as though the thought of telling his parents that he's gay makes him feel sick. I haven't known him a long time but I get the impression that his dad wouldn't be too on board with the whole 2 guys in love thing. His dad coaches the town Gaelic team and Nate's two older brothers play hurling for the county. I remember Jet telling me how Mr Branagh didn't talk to Nate for three weeks after he gave up Gaelic to focus on art instead. He sounds like a big baby to me. Vlad says that Nate's going to tell them after school and then he'll go over to meet them. I nod along happily but I have a feeling that someone is going to get hurt badly tonight. I only hope it isn't my brother.

As they walk away I notice a worried look on Jets face. "It'll be fine" I say, sounding more confident that I feel. Jet seems to relax though. "Yeah it will. It'll be grand" he smiles at me. I have a sudden idea. "We got a DVD player at the castle last week. We could watch the Harry Potters?" He looked unsure for a minute but then his face cleared and he said "yeah why not" the bell rang and I had to go and explain to Ms De la Fuente why I couldn't possibly have done the Spanish homework because she hadn't set any. Honestly that old bat has the brain of a goldfish.

At four I met Jet at my car. Arian wasn't coming with us and Vlad was off with Nate some where so it was just the two of us. There was no awkward silence in case you were wondering. We talked about lots of things mainly he asked about life in Transylvania. I began to talk slowly so I didn't let anything slip. "I was born in the Carpathias to a rich family called the Kadenzaas but my whole family was killed in a tragic "accident" when I was five. The Mr Dracula was my Protector, what you call godfather and he took me in. Tradition said I should marry Vlad when we were old enough but they decided against that because we're like siblings" I finished awkwardly. He looked over at me with a shocked look on his face. "That's horrible! Do you miss them? Your real family?" I was about to say it was over 200 years ago but bit my tongue just in time. "No I barely remember them" I said truthfully. As we pull into the castle I say; more to myself than to Jet, "I'm not a Kadenzaas any more. I'm a Dracula."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Guys Ms de la Fuente is a REAL teacher! She's my Spanish teacher and she spent today's class correcting the homework we didn't have! Thanks to everyone who's read and voted so far! 
Please remember to vote!!!