Chapter 37

Two weeks before the wedding
Vlad walks into my room before dinner. "Just so you know, Jet will be at dinner". Then he just leaves. Ugh. I've avoided Jet as much as possible this last week. I have to cause if I don't I'll end up sleeping with him. That would not be a good idea even though it sounds nice.

I put on my red bodycon dress and head downstairs. Around the table is dad, Nate, Vlad, Will, Arielle (who is now dating Will) and Jet. The only seat is next to Jet. I glare at Vlad. His smirk tells me that this was arranged. Great.

I take my seat. After a minute of silence dad says "Well this is just like old times! I like it better this way".

So do I. Markson brings in trays of food, rare steaks, roast beef, chicken, chips, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower cheese as well as jugs of blood.

Everyone begins talking and eating. I manage to avoid talking to Jet by asking Will about the sports scholarship he applied for and asking Nate and Vlad about the Art College they're both going to. At one point Jet went to the bathroom and they all turned to me like hungry wolves.

"Well?" Will demands. "Are you gonna get back together?" What? Did they seriously plan this to get us back together? Of course they did.

"No! I'm engaged I can't!" I protest. Dad rolls his eyes and Vlad looks annoyed.

"Astria! You are not happy! You will be happy with Jet!". I really wish it was that easy. Why does no one get that this is what I have to do.

"I have no choice! I swore I would do what was best for my people! What's best if for them to have an heir!"  I'm nearly yelling. Dad slams his hand down on the table.

"No Astria! What is best for the people is to have a strong happy Queen. Not a depressed one! And anyway, you can have heirs with Jet!". No it's not that simple. Is it?

"Jet doesn't want to be a vampire. I can't force him. I love him and I'd give up everything in a second for him. But he won't".

"You love me?"

Oh crap! I turn to see Jet with a small smile on his face.

"I- i uh..... Yeah?"

"Then call it off. Call off the wedding. Be with me. I told you my family comes first. Be my family. Please".

He walks forwards and kisses me. I kiss him back. I hear Vlad and Nate kissing. When we finally pull away Dad is beaming. "I am delighted for you Astria. Now if you excuse me, Markson owes me €20. And so do you Will".

I silently gestured for Jet to follow me up to my room.

And well, you know what happened next.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I'm so happy Jestria back together! What'll Asper do? Don't ask me I don't have a clue. Guys this story got over 600 reads! I'm so happy. I love ye all thanks so much! Please keep reading and remember to Vote and Comment!
Love ya all,
Fran xxx