Not Your Typical Valentines (Harley and Chase)

Hello everyone, this chapter is my entry for Wattpad's Romance contest, Love Me Tinder. I hope you guys like it and without this author's note the chapter is 2,077 words long. And if you get the references let me know in the comments, as I am in love with, Mistah' J! :D Happy early Valentines everybody!

Enjoy!

I hate dating.

Seriously, I'm not kidding.

I absolutely hate dating. I hate how it takes hours to prepare for the date, the nervous anxious feeling that you get and then you have to decide if it's just nerves or if you're going to be sick. Then you don't know how your date is going to act. Is he going to be total douche bag or a complete gentlemen? It's just one giant pain in the butt.

And it's all my fault.

All my life I've never had a successful date. Since I was sixteen, every date has managed to go horribly wrong. I'm basically prone to having the worst dates ever. It's like they come looking for me. So that's why this year, I was camping out on my couch with Chinese takeout and my two best-friends watching Trevor Noah on Valentines day.

"It's not possible," Kimberly said, waving her chopstick at me. 

"Oh yes it is," my partner in crime, Chase said. Nodding my head I leaned back against the arm of the couch and rested my legs on Chase's lap.

Kimberly raised an eyebrow but continued to eat her orange chicken. "I don't believe it. You've had to of gone on at least one good date in your life."

"Trust me, if you were there you would have no doubts." I added.

"There was this time that Harley went on a date, and ended up coming home with her dress drenched in soda." Chase pointed out.

Nodding I sat up, tucking my legs under my body. "Then there was the time that I went out with this guy who had no manners, and was a douche the entire time."

"Didn't you get all dressed up too and he took you to some fast food place?"

"Yup," I said. Pushing back a dirty blond lock of hair I set my half empty carton on the wooden coffee table, grabbing the TV remote in the process.

"But that's only two dates." Kimberly stated.

"That's only the start Foxy," Chase stood, making his way to the kitchen that we shared in our small apartment. Kimberly narrowed her brown eyes at his back, her red hair pulled back into loose fishtail braid that I had spent at least an hour trying to do.

"Wait!" I called out.

He turned his body around, raising his blond eyebrow in question. I held my carton out in his direction and smiled.

"You have two feet."

"But I don't want to use them right now," I pouted. Chase sighed, and closed his eyes and rubbed the small spot between to his eyes as if he had a headache. But I've known him since the first day of sixth grade. There wasn't anything about him that I didn't know.

"You're lucky I love you Har." He said, his British accent think. Walking back I handed him the container, just as Kimberly raised hers. His brown eyes glimmered with mischief. "I don't love you, so no." Turning on his heel he walked left the living room, the sound of cabinet doors reaching our ears.

Biting my lip I stretched my legs out on the couch just as Kimberly jumped into Chase's seat. "Well hello there. How may I help you?" I giggled out. Kimberly just rolled her chocolate eyes in amusement. She was sitting so close, I could almost count the amount of freckles that covered her nose