Soulmates (Willow and Sawyer)

Hey guys, before you read this, I just wanted to let you know that this one involves Greek mythology and the idea of Soulmates. This is actually something that I believe in and if it's something that is against your belief then I understand if you don't want to read it. But I hope you can give this one a chance as it's something that I really enjoyed writing. And I apologize if the writing is not the greatest, this is only my second time writing in third person. I hope you like it and please don't forget to comment below and vote.

The minute her eyes landed on him, she knew he wasn't from here. Growing up in a small town her entire life, Willow knew the name of everybody that passed by. She knew their stories and how they wandered their way in. And over the years she had watched friends and strangers come and go, sometimes never coming back and leaving her to wonder how they were and where they called home now. Once in awhile a postcard found its way to the shop with her name written on it. A sentence or two was written on it, but most of the time they were left blank with the exception of the sender's name.

So when the stranger walked out of the small diner that sat across her store shouldering a weathered blue backpack, her curiosity rose.

"Willow," a voice sighed from the backroom.

Turning around, Willow smiled as her longtime best friend rested her arms on the wooden counter, looking for the mystery man.

"What?" Willow asked, twisting back around.

Wendy rolled her eyes. She and Willow had been friends since the first grade, and she knew exactly what was going on behind her dear friends' blue eyes. "You know some people just want to be left alone."

Willow licked her lips as she loosely crossed her arms over her stomach. Wendy watched her walk towards the glass window, her eyes never coming off the man that was sitting on a bus bench. He wore a grey beanie over his dark hair and holes in his denim jeans that were tucked into a pair of black boots that had dried dirt stuck to them. She never understood why Willow had such a fascination with strangers. To Wendy, strangers were just strangers and that was it.

"What's so great about being alone?" Willow wondered. She didn't intend for Wendy to answer her, but she did anyway.

"You get peace and quiet, you can do what you want to do. You don't have to wait for someone. The list goes on really," Wendy got up off the counter and put her hands on her friend's shoulders giving them a gentle shake. "Not everyone has a story Willow."

"I know," Willow whispered. She looked at the man again and couldn't help but feel like she had known him from somewhere. Even though she had never seen him in her life, something about him was familiar to her.

Wendy watched Willow's gaze change as she stared at the stranger and it confused her. Willow was no longer looking at him like the stranger he was, but as if he had once a dear friend that had left long ago and only now returned. No, that wasn't it, Wendy figured. She bit her lip and took a step back from her friend and looked at the stranger. She had no memory of the man that her best friend was looking at as if he was a past lover.

"I'm going to be heading out," Wendy announced, gaining Willow's full attention again.

"Will you be alright?" Willow asked, walking away from the door.

Wendy slipped her arms through a black sweater that made her pink shirt pop. "Yes Willow," she laughed out. Grabbing her purse she wrapped her arms around Willow in tight hug, hoping that the poor girl didn't do anything stupid when she left. "I'll call you when I get home. And I expect you to do the same later missy."