Chapter One - The Mistake

Hey! So this is my first story! I'd be incredibly grateful if you gave me feedback in the comments I know its not the best or longest first chapter but I hope you all enjoy it. And also the character I have chosen for Rae is on the cover. If you don't think that she's suitable just imagine somebody else! Thank you!

-

Enemies with Benefits

Chapter One

Rae's P.O.V.

"Rae! Isn't this like the greatest party ever?!" my best friend Lola, ladies and gentleman who was currently so drunk she couldn't even stand.

"Yeah, the greatest" I deadpanned, she didn't sense my tone and instead beamed at me, giggled and walked off. Yep definitely wasted.

It's safe to say high school parties are definitely not my thing. A bunch of wasted teenagers all grinding against each other in a sweaty room is not my idea of fun. Considering I'm 17 and I've just began my last year at high school you'd think it is, but it isn't. It definitely isn't. The house was nice and it was huge. If this were my place I definitely wouldn't be throwing a party in it. It's too perfect to mess up.

I groaned as yet another sweaty guy came up behind me, grabbed my ass and tried to dance with me. I was getting just a little bit pissed off with all the male attention. I wasn't even wearing anything slutty for crying out loud. I looked like a nun compared to half the girls that were here.

I spun around, pushed the disgusting guy away and walked off to find a seat. The sofa was currently occupied by the school slut, Kourtney Minton and what I'm assuming was her squeeze of the month, Robbie Darlton. It's safe to say Kourtney is the biggest field player that I or anybody else in my school knows and no, she isn't incredibly popular and a cheerleader as you're most likely assuming. She's is a girl who has probably had more boyfriends and hook-ups then I've had McDonalds (so that means a lot). She was currently wearing an extremely short gold, sparkly dress that barely covered her modesty and she had so much make-up on that she was almost unrecognisable.

So I settled for a seat on the staircase, I scanned the room looking for Lola and I saw her dancing with Peter, the guy she's had her eye on and has been trying to hook up with for weeks now. No doubt the girl's got skill. Guys can't resist Lola, she has the full package, she's beautiful, a natural blonde, slim and she's such a great person to be around. I on the other hand have long, dead straight, brown hair that's incredibly boring and I'm also super pale. Nothing was interesting or eye-catching about me at all. How depressing is that? I looked at the bottle of beer that I was clutching tightly in my hands and I took another swig of it. If everyone else is getting wasted tonight I might as well join them.

Half an hour later and I was swigging down my third beer, I had relocated from the stairs and I was now sitting down against a wall in the backyard of this house. The outside was almost as beautiful as the inside. There was a fountain down the bottom of the backyard where a drunken guy had earlier emptied his bladder into. A swimming pool which a bunch of cheerleaders dived in earlier but were quickly ordered out and a ton of beautiful flowers that have been completely trampled on. I watched as yet another girl in a sparkly dress similar to Kourtney's stumbled outside and proceeded to throw half of her stomach up behind the wall. Classy. I was quite satisfied with watching all the going's on around me, until I heard somebody sitting down in the space next to me. I definitely didn't like who I saw.

Scott Maine.

Here's the deal, we have a very strong dislike for one another--emphasis on the word very. I don't like him because he's unbelievably vain (like seriously he thinks he's Channing Tatum or something), he attempts to hook up with every female in our school and he's a massive douchebag.